Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insuring a track car (not the usual questions)

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 03:37 AM
Hercules Rockefeller
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Insuring a track car (not the usual questions)

I have some unusual questions about insurance for my Z06, which I'm basically converting into a dedicated track car. I don't think I need liability or collision anymore sense I won't be driving it on the street. However, I think that comprehensive makes sense in case of theft, fire, or whatever. But, what happens if my car is stolen, and the thief crashes into someone else? Assuming they have no insurance, I am liable? And what about my car, if it gets wrecked, even though it was stolen, would that be covered by comprehensive or collision?
Old 02-15-2014, 08:05 AM
DansBlkonBlkZ06
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cancelled my regular car insurance policy and found out that my car is not covered when I haul it from my garage to the paddock. I found a race car travel insurance policy that covers your car to and from the track. It is about $350/year. I believe it covers theft as well as collision.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:21 AM
jlutherva
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The "race car" policy also covers fire and paddock damage. This type of policy is available from Adam Boca at NCM as well as Lockton Affinity.

Jim

Get notified of new replies

To Insuring a track car (not the usual questions)

Quick Reply: Insuring a track car (not the usual questions)