Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sasquatch can't heel toe... therefore- Autoblip- Clever mount I think...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 08:08 PM
UrbanKnight
Drifting

Received 122 Likes on 97 Posts

Default Sasquatch can't heel toe... therefore- Autoblip- Clever mount I think...

With size 14's, heel toe is not a technique I have had much luck trying to learn... So I was looking at options, and saw the auto-blip mentioned when I got my car back in august.. I probably ordered in in October or November, and never installed it...

I signed up for a track day at Sebring end of March, so figured I better get things cooking before its here... So today, I decided to tackle it. I really couldn't find a good place that wasn't too Out of place, or in an area I can't see, nor hit with my knee, such as below the steering wheel.

being that I don't smoke, i started looking at the ashtray area, and thought I could make that work. I like "clean looking installs, and if I did it again, it would be even cleaner, but no one can tell unless they are really picky! Lid still works as it should, although it has more spring to the opening as the gears of the ashtray are no longer there to slow it down.

That said, getting 6'5 under the dash to tap the wires was the best part, but its all in and wired up...

Took it for a street test. It works as advertised.... I'll try to do some aggressive shifting before sebring to make sure my duration and delay are where they need to be, but seems good so far...

And of course, pics...

Old 02-16-2014, 08:55 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

Looks good, Brian!

Are you also going to the NCM HPDE April 14-15?

There's also an event here at Daytona on the Rolex 24 course April 10-11.

Hope to c'ya at one of those events.

My size 13 feet let me heel-n-toe quite well in my C6. However, I sat in a C7 and the accelerator pedal was a very narrow and it seemed like it would be difficult to heel-n-toe in that thing. But, it does have a built in throttle blip/rev match capability.

Bob
Old 02-16-2014, 09:00 PM
UrbanKnight
Drifting

I'm doing NASA on 3/29-30.

Probably not doing Daytona until November- Hoping to be solo by then...
Old 02-16-2014, 11:23 PM
dagon138
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

size 14 here, and I just wear narrow driving shoes.
But whatever helps I guess.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:55 PM
morris
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea you guys have feet like teenage girls I have a size 17, heel toe is out of the question even though I have tried desperately. I finally installed one of these last year and it works quite well, I highly recommend it.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:43 PM
UrbanKnight
Drifting

LOL, I can only imagine your pain... Depending on my shoe, I scrape the top of the underside of dash with my baby feet....

Get notified of new replies

To Sasquatch can't heel toe... therefore- Autoblip- Clever mount I think...

Quick Reply: Sasquatch can't heel toe... therefore- Autoblip- Clever mount I think...