Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upper Shock Bushings pintop

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 04:28 PM
10.5Vette
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Upper Shock Bushings pintop

I have a set of Pfadt SS inverted shocks and while I have the car apart I noticed the upper shock bushings are looking kinda rough. I thought I'd put new ones on, but can't find any listed and I don't think Pfadt sells these shocks anymore.
Anyone now where I can get new ones? Or should I just bite the bullet and buy the Hardbar delrin ones?
Old 02-23-2014, 06:06 PM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by 59VetteFI
I have a set of Pfadt SS inverted shocks and while I have the car apart I noticed the upper shock bushings are looking kinda rough. I thought I'd put new ones on, but can't find any listed and I don't think Pfadt sells these shocks anymore.
Anyone now where I can get new ones? Or should I just bite the bullet and buy the Hardbar delrin ones?
no delrin they don't allow enough flex and the shafts will break.
I have a set of stock ones you can have for the shipping if you want
Old 02-23-2014, 06:14 PM
Solofast
Melting Slicks

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by ErnieN85
no delrin they don't allow enough flex and the shafts will break.
I have a set of stock ones you can have for the shipping if you want
The Hardbar delrin upper shock mounts are basically a ball and socket arrangement that not only eliminate any softness in the shock mount, but they allow the shock to rotate in the bushings so that there is zero bending in the shock shaft.

They aren't cheap, but they really work and are good stuff.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:49 PM
10.5Vette
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Solofast
The Hardbar delrin upper shock mounts are basically a ball and socket arrangement that not only eliminate any softness in the shock mount, but they allow the shock to rotate in the bushings so that there is zero bending in the shock shaft.

Yes, I watched the video and they are very impressive. I'd like to get a set. I was hoping maybe someone on here had a set lying around they weren't using.
Or knows where to get the stock Pfadt ones.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:31 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Yes, I watched the video and they are very impressive. I'd like to get a set. I was hoping maybe someone on here had a set lying around they weren't using.
I had a set of Pfadt single adjust inverted shocks until recently. When I bought them they did not come with upper bushings of any kind. The intention was to reuse the stock oem ones.

All the aftermarket shocks I have owned (Koni, Pfadt, JRI) never came with upper bushings. You should be able to source some with a little looking.

Last edited by froggy47; 02-23-2014 at 08:33 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:50 PM
10.5Vette
Burning Brakes

When I got these they had bushings with them, but now they're looking a little flattened and past their prime.
Trust me before I posted on here I did all sorts of searches and could not find C5 upper shock mounts available separately anywhere. If you know of somewhere, let me know.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:21 AM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

When I got these they had bushings with them, but now they're looking a little flattened and past their prime.
Trust me before I posted on here I did all sorts of searches and could not find C5 upper shock mounts available separately anywhere. If you know of somewhere, let me know.
I guess I'd call a couple of the Corvette dismantelers and get some off a wreck (if they will sell them without the shock. Take dimensions to make sure you get the right part or call one of the vendors here that sells oem.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:41 AM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

I was hoping maybe someone on here had a set lying around they weren't using.
Pretty sure I have a set. I'll check tonight.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:24 PM
10.5Vette
Burning Brakes

Thanks for all the info victorf! I did check DRM's website and they don't have any bushings listed for C5/C6 anymore. They have some listed for the C4 that look similar, but without having them in my hand, I don't know if they are the same size or not.
Do you still have the ones you bought from them?
Old 02-24-2014, 04:54 PM
Werks
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Solofast

Great product! I had a set modified for use with the Moton's on my car and not a single complaint about them!
Old 02-24-2014, 04:58 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Send me a PM with your address and I will send them out. If they don't work put in the tool box for later projects If they DO work out please make a nice donation to the Animal shelter in your area

The C4 bushing works just fine on a ton of different application C4/C5/C6, trucks, some honda, and a ton of restomods. I haven't tried them out on your application so I'm not 100 percent sure.

Randy
Old 02-24-2014, 06:25 PM
10.5Vette
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM
Send me a PM with your address and I will send them out. If they don't work put in the tool box for later projects If they DO work out please make a nice donation to the Animal shelter in your area

The C4 bushing works just fine on a ton of different application C4/C5/C6, trucks, some honda, and a ton of restomods. I haven't tried them out on your application so I'm not 100 percent sure.

Randy
PM Sent! Thanks Randy.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:18 PM
2MCHPWR
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

hardbar sells the delrin ones but also the clevis mount ones. why choose one over the other? just curious when one type is better than the other. both same price.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:19 PM
autoxer6
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2MCHPWR
hardbar sells the delrin ones but also the clevis mount ones. why choose one over the other? just curious when one type is better than the other. both same price.
Pin top is required for SCCA stock class autocross since you must retain the stock mounting "type". If you have the option to get something else, get it. The spherical pin top mounts aren't quite spherical, they are more disc shaped, so there is some binding. You have to be careful not to over tighten them, and they can get loose over time.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:30 AM
10.5Vette
Burning Brakes

Just to follow up I received the bushings from Randy yesterday. They will work. They are a smaller diameter than the original ones and smaller yet than the stock ones. But they seem to fit fine. Thanks Randy!
Old 03-01-2014, 02:09 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Get notified of new replies

To Upper Shock Bushings pintop

Quick Reply: Upper Shock Bushings pintop