Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's see some enclosed trailer interiors

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 03:32 PM
Scooter70
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

Default Let's see some enclosed trailer interiors

I'm shopping for a 24'-26' enclosed trailer. My budget won't allow for one with a complete custom finished interior so I'm looking for ideas. Home Depot cabinets, rubber flooring, painted walls, 12v LED lighting, flip down bed... What's in your trailer? Let's see some pictures.

Thanks.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:33 PM
Armycop
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...r-trailer.html

That's within budget, right?
Old 02-28-2014, 08:45 PM
Armycop
Drifting

No, seriously now; here's mine:
http://s646.photobucket.com/user/Arm...20car%20hauler

Last edited by Armycop; 02-28-2014 at 08:49 PM.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:16 PM
Scooter70
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

Maybe I can convince the wife to let me buy the toter instead of the new house that she's currently shopping for.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:08 PM
eogel
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

This is the interior of my 24'. The car is in the trailer, so you can see how much space I have to work with. The shelving was built by the person who crews for me. It is screwed to the trailer wall supports. Tire racks are on the floor so I do not have to do any lifting. The tires on the left are strapped to a section of easy track. The tires on the right are sitting in a base made of 2x4s & 2x8s and strapped down to prevent any bouncing. Brake rotors are stored on the floor under the tires on the right.

Tire capacity is 6 for car and 2 for trailer.

I prefer not having an interior by the trailer mfg. Cabinets do not give the visibility & flexibility I wanted.

Last edited by eogel; 03-01-2014 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:02 PM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own a chainsaw or a handgun.
Received 768 Likes on 550 Posts

Originally Posted by eogel
This is the interior of my 24'. The car is in the trailer, so you can see how much space I have to work with. The shelving was built by the person who crews for me. It is screwed to the trailer wall supports. Tire racks are on the floor so I do not have to do any lifting. The tires on the left are strapped to a section of easy track. The tires on the right are sitting in a base made of 2x4s & 2x8s and strapped down to prevent any bouncing. Brake rotors are stored on the floor under the tires on the right.

Tire capacity is 6 for car and 2 for trailer.

I prefer not having an interior by the trailer mfg. Cabinets do not give the visibility & flexibility I wanted.

I like the wooden tire rack. Hope you don't mind if I copy that.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:04 PM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Received 179 Likes on 112 Posts

I painted my trailer myself (20 ft) and painted bed armor on the floor, works awesome. Also put a truck bed tool box from Auto Zone in there. Fits a lot of stuff and allows me to store my tent. I have since the pictures below added overkill AC at 15k BTU and built my own extended ramps which fold out to my race ramps since my car is low clearance.

Oh, also double insulated with reflective insulation board and solar reflective panels on top of that. Holds temp pretty well. Fun projects.

I ALMOST bought the foldout sofa to bed from blazinbelltech but decided not to as I'm not going to be sleeping in the trailer much if at all this year. It's an awesome piece though.

But they have these hammock things at target for $100 I saw at the track this weekend. Great for between session naps.
Attached Images  

Last edited by heavychevy; 03-01-2014 at 09:06 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:40 AM
Donny Brass
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 74 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019
2017 C2 of the Year Finalist

from the bargain bin

Top half of walls frp panels $25 for a 4x8 sheet wipes clean with windex

Bottom half with Home Depot Dense, Rubber backed carpeting

6 peds from any used office furniture store (keys locks, not too heavy)

still need to epoxy the floor.

Last edited by Donny Brass; 03-02-2014 at 11:03 PM. Reason: fixed picture links
Old 03-06-2014, 11:38 AM
Captain Buddha
Drifting

Received 177 Likes on 129 Posts

I'm in the market as well. I'd really rather buy used (with all the goodies - A/C & heat, genset, winch, etc.) but the prices that I see aren't all that appealing to me...and then with the new trailers either it's bare bones or fully loaded. From what my eyeballs have seen the used trailers that are loaded up are not much cheaper than the new ones, at least around me (been looking on racing junk and craigslist). At this point I'm leaning towards getting a new/fully loaded trailer with everything I want, ie - ready to hit the track.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:13 PM
Armycop
Drifting

Originally Posted by Captain Buddha
I'm in the market as well. I'd really rather buy used (with all the goodies - A/C & heat, genset, winch, etc.) but the prices that I see aren't all that appealing to me...and then with the new trailers either it's bare bones or fully loaded. From what my eyeballs have seen the used trailers that are loaded up are not much cheaper than the new ones, at least around me (been looking on racing junk and craigslist). At this point I'm leaning towards getting a new/fully loaded trailer with everything I want, ie - ready to hit the track.
Eventually that's the route I went too. Ordered the trailer with all the goodies installed, mostly 110v electrical outlets and lights. I didn't go with the AC unit because a big fan does the trick during the summer days and it's Michigan, so the nights are quite comfy. No living compartment 'cuz the trailer is the hotel room at night.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:20 PM
Captain Buddha
Drifting

Originally Posted by Armycop
Eventually that's the route I went too. Ordered the trailer with all the goodies installed, mostly 110v electrical outlets and lights. I didn't go with the AC unit because a big fan does the trick during the summer days and it's Michigan, so the nights are quite comfy. No living compartment 'cuz the trailer is the hotel room at night.
My thinking is lining up with your way of thinking...

I'm looking at the fold out walls beds, etc. from https://www.blazinbelltech.com/furniture.html

The tracks we go to have showers/restrooms...I'm OK with it, hopefully the wife is on board too! Being in Texas, gotta have the A/C...and the heat...summer one day, winter the next LOL (seriously - Saturday was in the 80's and then Sunday was in the teens...crazy!).
Old 03-06-2014, 05:12 PM
Screamin Z
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Painted the wood siding black. Rhino Line floor and install treadplate on sides. Above and below the chrome treadplate is black treadplate (not shown)

Old 03-06-2014, 05:18 PM
eogel
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Screamin Z,

Looks good. How much weight is the tread plate adding?
Old 03-06-2014, 05:29 PM
Screamin Z
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Not enough to worry about. Pretty flimsy stuff.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:10 PM
Supercharged111
Safety Car

Received 472 Likes on 349 Posts

Bump, I wanna see more. I'm also curious why the tire racks are always in the front, I was thinking of putting one over the passengers fenders sitting directly over the car so as to not induce additional tongue weight since there'll be a bunch of other crap already contributing to that up there.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:35 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Mine is bare bones... trailer is a 20' ATC with a big v-nose and weighs less than my old steel 18' open deck.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:52 PM
Gman57
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the 26' enclosed I started with as a shell.
It served me well for 3 years.....

It sold last fall and now have this.....

Get notified of new replies

To Let's see some enclosed trailer interiors

Old 03-10-2014, 11:59 PM
Gman57
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Captain Buddha
At this point I'm leaning towards getting a new/fully loaded trailer with everything I want, ie - ready to hit the track.
Check out intech trailers and flying A motorsports for your dealer!
Both are winners

G
Old 03-11-2014, 10:37 AM
Captain Buddha
Drifting

Bought a new 2014 28' Continental Cargo Auto Master Super Stock car hauler over the weekend. Debated between 24' and 28' and decided that more length is better, especially when we add a golf cart to the mix along with all the tools, tires, air compressor, jacks, etc. Adding A/C, winch, battery, awning, E-track, bogey wheels, etc...just got to get the generator now. Not that I'm one to color coordinate but the wife likes the black trailer with our black truck...

Old 03-12-2014, 07:31 AM
FNCG
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Your Trailer

Originally Posted by Armycop
What is the floor made of?

Quick Reply: Let's see some enclosed trailer interiors