Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New C5/C6 Restraint Mounting System Coming Soon!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 07:21 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Default New C5/C6 Restraint Mounting System Coming Soon!

Just wanted to let C5 and C6 owners know about a new harness mount coming out next month. Our wide version LX1 seat that can comfortably fit people with waists in the 40's (17.25" across the hip area) while also adding headroom when needed does not allow access to the mounting points on our brackets with sliders. We designed a rear mounting system that allows about 1.5" of more legroom than parts presently available for seats mounted low to the floor, like ours.

A description is on the link below and pre-orders have free shipping. Once I have a powder coated part I will get installed pictures.

http://www.marradind.com/proddetail.asp?prod=C56RMS
Old 03-02-2014, 05:05 PM
lbk16
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by marrad
Just wanted to let C5 and C6 owners know about a new harness mount coming out next month. Our wide version LX1 seat that can comfortably fit people with waists in the 40's (17.25" across the hip area) while also adding headroom when needed does not allow access to the mounting points on our brackets with sliders. We designed a rear mounting system that allows about 1.5" of more legroom than parts presently available for seats mounted low to the floor, like ours.

A description is on the link below and pre-orders have free shipping. Once I have a powder coated part I will get installed pictures.

http://www.marradind.com/proddetail.asp?prod=C56RMS

I have a BK harness bar and Sparco Pro 2000 seats with Sparco brackets and sliders. My plan was to purchase the Vetteworks/Hardbar mounting bracket, but your design looks simpler and is certainly less expensive. Will your restraint mount work with the "feet" on the BK bar without stud extenders?
Old 03-02-2014, 07:18 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by lbk16
I have a BK harness bar and Sparco Pro 2000 seats with Sparco brackets and sliders. My plan was to purchase the Vetteworks/Hardbar mounting bracket, but your design looks simpler and is certainly less expensive. Will your restraint mount work with the "feet" on the BK bar without stud extenders?
It has not been tried yet but I expect it would have the same issues. Once we have inventory I will try to confirm.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:00 AM
Kengsxr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by marrad
It has not been tried yet but I expect it would have the same issues. Once we have inventory I will try to confirm.
Will this work with stock seats?
Old 03-03-2014, 07:21 AM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Kengsxr
Will this work with stock seats?
It will work with stock seats but likely not if you use a harness bar that has struts that also mount around the rear seat studs.

Get notified of new replies

To New C5/C6 Restraint Mounting System Coming Soon!

Quick Reply: New C5/C6 Restraint Mounting System Coming Soon!