Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 Underdrive Pulley Orientation?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 09:55 AM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,731 Likes on 936 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Default LS2 Underdrive Pulley Orientation?

I am helping a friend change the cam in his '06. I have lots of experience with standard SBC stuff but not so much with LS. I did not know the OEM pulley/balancer was not keyed like SBC cranks so I did not mark anything before pulling it. I am told LS1/6 engines have neutral balanced dampers and it does not matter how it goes back on. Is this also true for the LS2?
Old 03-05-2014, 09:49 AM
jtmck
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kubs
I am helping a friend change the cam in his '06. I have lots of experience with standard SBC stuff but not so much with LS. I did not know the OEM pulley/balancer was not keyed like SBC cranks so I did not mark anything before pulling it. I am told LS1/6 engines have neutral balanced dampers and it does not matter how it goes back on. Is this also true for the LS2?
Did you get an answer to your question?
Old 03-05-2014, 10:11 AM
Black89Z51
Suckin' gas, haulin' ass.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It's true. It doesn't matter where it is put on the crank. The only time I've seen them pinned or keyed was for supercharged and high performance stuff. I believe aftermarket cranks may come keyed.

Ensure you change the crank bolt out since the stock bolts are TTY. Either install a new OEM bolt or go with an ARP bolt!!!
Old 03-05-2014, 12:40 PM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,731 Likes on 936 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by jtmck
Did you get an answer to your question?
Yes I found one elsewhere, which is the same answer given below. They are neutral balance so it does not matter how they go on the crank.

Originally Posted by Black89Z51
It's true. It doesn't matter where it is put on the crank. The only time I've seen them pinned or keyed was for supercharged and high performance stuff. I believe aftermarket cranks may come keyed.

Ensure you change the crank bolt out since the stock bolts are TTY. Either install a new OEM bolt or go with an ARP bolt!!!
We are replacing the pulley with an underdrive unit, and we will be pinning the crank to use the keyway on the new pulley. We also have a new ARP bolt to use for installation.

Get notified of new replies

To LS2 Underdrive Pulley Orientation?

Quick Reply: LS2 Underdrive Pulley Orientation?