Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

needing corner balanced & alignment

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 10:07 PM
LSOHOLIC
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Default needing corner balanced & alignment

Looking for a reputable recommendation to get my C5 corner balanced and a specialized alignment.

Located in N.E. Oklahoma but willing to drive to the "right" shop.

Please let me know of any leads....thanks
Old 03-06-2014, 10:17 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Phoenix Racing is the best. I believe they are a Forum vendor. If you can't get to them, then they will recommend someone they trust closer to you.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:19 PM
LSOHOLIC
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 63Corvette
Phoenix Racing is the best. I believe they are a Forum vendor. If you can't get to them, then they will recommend someone they trust closer to you.
Thanks for the info........and yes, they are a bit far (15hrs one-way) but I will give them a call.

Anyone else know of something closer ??

Thanks.........
Old 03-08-2014, 07:48 PM
Mark2009
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LSOHOLIC
Looking for a reputable recommendation to get my C5 corner balanced and a specialized alignment.

Located in N.E. Oklahoma but willing to drive to the "right" shop.

Please let me know of any leads....thanks
I corresponded with an outfit called ET Tuning in Union MO (~30 mi. SW of St. Louis on I-44... maybe a 275 mi drive for you). They said they could corner weigh/balance and align my C6. Google for website and contact info (I used the contact form on their website, they got back to me fairly quickly). They also have a dyno and probably do tuning.

I haven't made it up there yet, waiting for better weather.

Hopefully I'm stating the obvious, but my understanding is that you'll need adjustable sway bar end links for a corner balance to be effective. I bit the bullet and got the LG quiet units.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:27 PM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark2009
I corresponded with an outfit called ET Tuning in Union MO (~30 mi. SW of St. Louis on I-44... maybe a 275 mi drive for you). They said they could corner weigh/balance and align my C6. Google for website and contact info (I used the contact form on their website, they got back to me fairly quickly). They also have a dyno and probably do tuning.

I haven't made it up there yet, waiting for better weather.

Hopefully I'm stating the obvious, but my understanding is that you'll need adjustable sway bar end links for a corner balance to be effective. I bit the bullet and got the LG quiet units.
LG in Plano long trip also
but great people and very good
Old 03-08-2014, 11:13 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Thanks for the info........and yes, they are a bit far (15hrs one-way) but I will give them a call.

Anyone else know of something closer ??

Thanks.........
Find a race track close by and go talk to people.

It's not rocket science. IMO corner weight is overrated unless you are racing tt or wtw. You will not be able to feel that your car is corner weighted unless you are driving 10/10 ths on a race track.

What are you trying to accomplish?

For the price of gas you are going to burn you could buy the tools, watch my videos and DIY.

Last edited by froggy47; 03-08-2014 at 11:16 PM.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:04 AM
LSOHOLIC
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by froggy47
Find a race track close by and go talk to people.

It's not rocket science. IMO corner weight is overrated unless you are racing tt or wtw. You will not be able to feel that your car is corner weighted unless you are driving 10/10 ths on a race track.

What are you trying to accomplish?

For the price of gas you are going to burn you could buy the tools, watch my videos and DIY.

Well.......both (forward and aft) cradles have been out of the car (several times). Built new UHMW A-arm bushing (x16)......going to install rear T1 bar with hiem links and run solid drive train mounts.
The car has been lightened considerable (under 3000lbs with me).

I could be in LG's parking lot in 3.5hrs.

With all this weight removed as well as the suspension mods, I feel a corner weight and specified alignment is the least I should do.

Your thoughts ??

Old 03-09-2014, 12:49 AM
Supercharged111
Safety Car

Received 472 Likes on 349 Posts

It helps with even tire wear on the road course in addition to driving feel. Just drive it on the scales at your next track event and see if you're halfway close.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:30 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Well.......both (forward and aft) cradles have been out of the car (several times). Built new UHMW A-arm bushing (x16)......going to install rear T1 bar with hiem links and run solid drive train mounts.
The car has been lightened considerable (under 3000lbs with me).

I could be in LG's parking lot in 3.5hrs.

With all this weight removed as well as the suspension mods, I feel a corner weight and specified alignment is the least I should do.

Your thoughts ??

What did you take out to lighten? LG's shop is in a league of it's own, that would be worth a long trip. Trouble is is you put a lot of neg camber or toe on the car and drive it on freeways 250 or 300 miles you will incur quite a lot of wear on the tires, can you trailer it?

Last edited by froggy47; 03-09-2014 at 02:35 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To needing corner balanced & alignment

Quick Reply: needing corner balanced & alignment