Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 might be a great car but it looks butt ugly from this angle... sorry!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 04:52 PM
w00tw00t
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default C7 might be a great car but it looks butt ugly from this angle... sorry!

C7 might be a great car but it looks butt ugly from this angle... sorry!.. ugh!!

and is that serious positive camber flex on the rear left wheel!!! ?? .. wow!
Attached Images  
Old 03-22-2014, 09:23 PM
rithsleeper
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you superimposed a mustang over that, it would look exactly like that. The ride height, camber and stance. You are right, that is disturbing. Hopefully the rear camber has a lot of adjustment for someone who wants it. This really is a huge turnoff.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:53 PM
w00tw00t
Pro

Originally Posted by rithsleeper
If you superimposed a mustang over that, it would look exactly like that. The ride height, camber and stance. You are right, that is disturbing. Hopefully the rear camber has a lot of adjustment for someone who wants it. This really is a huge turnoff.

I find the C6 Z06 is a sports car design that is timeless and looks awesome.. the C7 with its sharp edges is way too much for me.. too plasticy and the rear end is just fugly!! ugh!
Old 03-22-2014, 11:26 PM
ZedO6
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by rithsleeper

Look at that ride height? is that really a Corvette WTF?
Old 03-23-2014, 07:30 AM
93FirehawkTA
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That photographs looks like its taken entering into "the esses" at road atlanta. It's downhill. The driver is braking, seemingly quite fairly heavily. Perhaps a combination of the back end raising up under braking, shot angle, and downhill slope are making things appear worse than they are.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:14 PM
jlutherva
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 93FirehawkTA
That photographs looks like its taken entering into "the esses" at road atlanta. It's downhill. The driver is braking, seemingly quite fairly heavily. Perhaps a combination of the back end raising up under braking, shot angle, and downhill slope are making things appear worse than they are.
Yup, that's the downhill esses at RA alright! Strange place to be braking hard however.

Jim
Old 03-23-2014, 02:36 PM
Pumba
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 102 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by w00tw00t
C7 might be a great car but it looks butt ugly from this angle... sorry!.. ugh!!

and is that serious positive camber flex on the rear left wheel!!! ?? .. wow!

That's a Corvette set at Station Wagon ride height.

And look at the tire rolling off the outside bead seat.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:44 PM
w00tw00t
Pro

two comparison shots (I'm getting these from 6speedonline BTW)
Attached Images   
Old 03-23-2014, 02:50 PM
93FirehawkTA
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jlutherva
Strange place to be braking hard however.

Jim
Yes!... it is a weird spot to be braking hard. Maybe a novice? That corner can be intimidating if you come in off line and carrying too much speed - there's no runoff on the left.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:58 PM
ZedO6
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Look at the positive camber on the outside rear wheel? I think that is a GM development mule for testing the top secret experimental swing axle rear end!
Old 03-23-2014, 03:34 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by ZedO6
Look at the positive camber on the outside rear wheel? I think that is a GM development mule for testing the top secret experimental swing axle rear end!

Don't knock those swing axles - I learned car control driving both a 1960 VW bug (w Porsche 912 motor) and a 1960 Corvair over Mulholland back in the day. Sliding the face of the rim across the pavement is a great way to scrub off speed.

Z//
Old 03-23-2014, 04:12 PM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

I'm getting these from 6speedonline.
Link to picture thread please.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:03 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

I saw my first one on the freeway couple of days ago, so did the obligatory pass/slow down 360 deg view (driver knew what I was about & kindly obliged).

I had seen a few at the car shows so no surprises, it's quite different to see any car moving vs static.

I was VERY impressed with how that car looks in motion.

It was a grandpa red that I don't favor but still was wow.

Waiting to see one in black on the move.

As for that one on the track, eh, it does look odd. Beats me.

Old 03-23-2014, 08:20 PM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Received 179 Likes on 112 Posts

It's not turning into the esses. It's turn 3, before the long sweeper turn 4 which then turns into the esses. Besides, you shouldnt brake entering the esses anyways. Turn 3 is still slightly downhill though.

What distorts the view is the low level of the shot from the camera relative to the track.

You may be able to superimpose a Mustangs ride height, but can you superimpose a mustang lap time with data? Cars can easily be lowered. Hardly something to complain about.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:31 PM
jcsperson
Team Owner

Received 745 Likes on 429 Posts
NC Events Coordinator

Hopefully the Z06 will improve on this. Also it would look better in black so the *** end doesn't look half-finished.

This car looks awesome from any angle.

Not the best view of damned near any Porsche.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:35 PM
Racingswh
Melting Slicks

Received 1,071 Likes on 643 Posts

Originally Posted by jcsperson
Hopefully the Z06 will improve on this. Also it would look better in black so the *** end doesn't look half-finished.
I am with you on this one. This picture just makes it look odd. Very unflattering suspension behavior as well.

In contrast I saw one the other day on the Atlantic City expressway and it was quite striking. It was early with little traffic and spotted it coming up on us at least a half mile away and once it got up next to us it didn't disappoint although I am still very conflicted over this rear view.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:21 PM
w00tw00t
Pro

Originally Posted by Racingswh
I am with you on this one. This picture just makes it look odd. Very unflattering suspension behavior as well.

In contrast I saw one the other day on the Atlantic City expressway and it was quite striking. It was early with little traffic and spotted it coming up on us at least a half mile away and once it got up next to us it didn't disappoint although I am still very conflicted over this rear view.

I think the C7 looks good from every angle except the rear ... the rear looks like **** IMO! sits way too high and very square and ugly.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 might be a great car but it looks butt ugly from this angle... sorry!

Old 03-23-2014, 10:41 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,148 Likes on 5,983 Posts

You guys are making all these assumptions from one picture. Braking hard into 3 like that would do that to most any car. The body lean coupled with the untimely braking is creating the illusion of positive camber. There was one at VIR this weekend and it looked fantastic on track.

Old 03-23-2014, 11:48 PM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Is that a spoiler of some sort, practically on the pavement, just forward of the front wheel?
Old 03-24-2014, 12:05 AM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder
You guys are making all these assumptions from one picture. Braking hard into 3 like that would do that to most any car. The body lean coupled with the untimely braking is creating the illusion of positive camber. There was one at VIR this weekend and it looked fantastic on track.

I think the car is BEAUTIFUL. Very nice picture
Even models can be caught on camera at bad angles. Doesn't mean I wouldn't love to tap that a$$!

Quick Reply: C7 might be a great car but it looks butt ugly from this angle... sorry!