Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you use Hyperco Hypercoils?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 01:17 AM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Do you use Hyperco Hypercoils?

Composite leaf springs.
Amazon.com: HYP12407HPT Hyperco Hypercoils CORVETTECOMPOSITE LEAF SPRG(C6/C5 T1 FRONT): Automotive Amazon.com: HYP12407HPT Hyperco Hypercoils CORVETTECOMPOSITE LEAF SPRG(C6/C5 T1 FRONT): Automotive

Maybe for those who want to keep leafs? I haven't read anything on here from somebody who has used them.
Any users out there? If so, how do you like them? Are they difficult or expensive to install? How do they feel on the road/track?

I'm curious about this upgrade. Thank you for your time!

Old 03-23-2014, 02:56 AM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Leaf springs work really well when done right. As far as the hyperco, the fronts are too soft IMO. I have the firmer of the two rear springs. In the front I use a really stiff VBP spring.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:52 PM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by trackboss
Leaf springs work really well when done right. As far as the hyperco, the fronts are too soft IMO. I have the firmer of the two rear springs. In the front I use a really stiff VBP spring.
Is your car strictly for the track? How did you find out the Hyperco brand was too soft?
Old 03-25-2014, 12:59 AM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

IMO, anything under about 900lbs in the front is too soft. My front spring is more than twice as firm as stock and made a world of difference in improved handling. Either hyperco front spring is really not much firmer than your stock spring. Once you do the math the rate at the tire is barely increased.
I generally recommend 900-1300 in the front and 700-850 in the rear. All depends on the car, driver, and what the car is intended for. For street tires, especially in the front, I'd suggest 900-1100, and 700-800 rear.
While these numbers sound really high they are not. The rate at the tire is much less. Ride is great. Remember, these are sports cars not station wagons. I personally think the ride is much worse with the stock springs simply because the suspension travels much more.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:19 AM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

Wow, thank you for such a sweet reply!
Old 03-25-2014, 11:07 AM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

Do you remember where you bought your vbp springs, by chance? Did you install yourself? I have new sways and shocks to install, thinking of getting some of these springs and do it all at once.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:38 PM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

Ok found them on VBandP.

Get notified of new replies

To Do you use Hyperco Hypercoils?

Quick Reply: Do you use Hyperco Hypercoils?