Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lime Rock HPDE

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 11:13 AM
godzilladude
Pro

Received 114 Likes on 51 Posts

Default Lime Rock HPDE

Hey,
It appears I MAY be moving to CT from TX. And I see Lime Rock is there. Who do you guys run HPDE with there? Good, bad?

Thanks!
Old 03-25-2014, 12:00 PM
Hi Volts Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Lime Rock is a legendary track that is a blast. While it's only 1.4 miles it flows and is very fast. NASA, SCCA, SCDA and Hooked on Driving are just a few of the many groups who run HPDE days (and racing). Just be prepared for sound restrictions. We are racing there July 4th weekend (with NASA) but it is one of the few unmuffled events there.

Originally Posted by godzilladude
Hey,
It appears I MAY be moving to CT from TX. And I see Lime Rock is there. Who do you guys run HPDE with there? Good, bad?

Thanks!
Old 03-25-2014, 12:39 PM
jwebsta32
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's also Thompson speedway in eastern CT
Old 03-25-2014, 02:05 PM
lefrog
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out http://frogracing.us/racing-options/road-racing for the list of clubs that run at Lime Rock with links to their respective web sites.
All the dates for the clubs are also in the Frog Racing Google calendar at http://frogracing.us/home/upcoming-events (so that you can add all dates in one click to your calendar!)
Old 03-25-2014, 02:09 PM
Scooter70
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

And NJMP, Monticello, NHMS, and maybe someday Palmer might be done.

COM Sports Car Club (www.comscc.com) is another New England based club to check out.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:49 AM
L82Brake
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 101 Posts

We also go to Pocono and New Hampshire Motor Speedway from CT. Depending on where you're moving in CT these can be ~3 hour trip. It means getting up early if you make it a day event or going the night before if you're not a morning person.

This year we will try the new track at Thompson (http://www.thompsonspeedway.com).

Limerock is great. All rights and one left ... lol. We usually do our HPDEs with SCDA and NASA NE. Both fantastic groups.

Dont forget brake late.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:06 AM
Hat_Trick_Hokie
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hi Volts Z06
We are racing there July 4th weekend (with NASA) but it is one of the few unmuffled events there.
Waiting for registration to open up, but I'm hoping to be at this event as well for my first visit to Lime Rock
Old 03-26-2014, 10:08 AM
Hi Volts Z06
Burning Brakes

I think this one is going to be a race only event- no HPDE. Not sure which you were looking for.

Originally Posted by Hat_Trick_Hokie
Waiting for registration to open up, but I'm hoping to be at this event as well for my first visit to Lime Rock
Old 03-26-2014, 10:13 AM
Hat_Trick_Hokie
Racer

I think this one is going to be a race only event- no HPDE. Not sure which you were looking for.
Yes, I was looking for an HPDE event up there. Never run with NASA-NE, and after looking at their schedule posted on NASAForums or the NorthEast website I didn't realize some of their events racing only.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:16 AM
Hi Volts Z06
Burning Brakes

This would be a first for us that I can recall. Usually it's HPDE only at Lime Rock and no racing (due to the noise restrictions) but this year 4th of July weekend was available and I was told that this would be a race only weekend with Sprint Races and Enduro. Still in the planning states.

NASA NE is at Lime Rock this Saturday for the season opener- HPDE only.

Originally Posted by Hat_Trick_Hokie
Yes, I was looking for an HPDE event up there. Never run with NASA-NE, and didn't realize some of their events racing only.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:34 AM
Hat_Trick_Hokie
Racer

This would be a first for us that I can recall. Usually it's HPDE only at Lime Rock and no racing (due to the noise restrictions) but this year 4th of July weekend was available and I was told that this would be a race only weekend with Sprint Races and Enduro. Still in the planning states.

NASA NE is at Lime Rock this Saturday for the season opener- HPDE only.
Thanks for the tip. If that's the case I would be pretty dissapointed, as a buddy and I were pretty pumped about going up there for the 4th to try the track out for three days.

I'm not able to make their March date, so I might look into the other groups posted above.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:56 PM
godzilladude
Pro

Received 114 Likes on 51 Posts

Thanks everyone, sounds like I'll have some choices!
Old 03-27-2014, 10:16 PM
gomrf
Heel & Toe

Lime Rock... Excellent track! We like it so much my wife and I got married on the front straight last April !
If you guys are interested in an HPDE at Pocono we will be there with the Audi Club hosting a one day event on Friday May 2nd.
I posted the info in the Northeast section of this forum.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:43 PM
TKOGTO
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

I've been to LRP about 25x, all with SCDA except 1x with BMW CVC. As all my SCDA experiences have been quite positive, I haven't seen a reason to go with another group. Events are run like clockwork. Everything is right on time. Best part is the paddock. Very friendly, helpful, genuine crowd. Have made many friends over the last 4 years. Had an unplanned one-on-one with the guardrail coming out of Big Bend last year and before I got out of the car back in the paddock, 4 guys I never met before came over to help fix the tie rod I busted so I could make the drive home without shredding the tire. Several others stopped by to check on my condition.

Downside is they are more expensive than any other group and the safety check is perfunctory at best.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:04 PM
easyrider7467
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default places to stay

Hi,
Can anyone recommend a place to stay near the track?

I may consider the july HPDE events pending schedule.

Thanks.

Good luck with your relocate.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:07 AM
TKOGTO
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

I am < 2 hours away so I can't make a recommendation but check the web sites of the groups you might run with, they may have recommendations/deals. SCDA's site has the following:
•The SCDA has secured a special SCDA Rate of $169 plus tax per room at the historic www.interlakeninn.com Make sure to mention SCDA when you book your room. 800-222-2909
•Another lodging option is www.berkshirecomfortinn.com 413-644-3200 in Great Barrington, MA
•Rock Hall Luxe Lodging Our mid-week rates begin at $325 and weekend rates begin at $375, and we are happy to offer SCDA members a 20% discount mid-week and 10% discount weekends. For reservations, SCDA drivers can call 860-379-2230 or email info@19rockhallroad.com and mention SCDA to get the special rate.

Get notified of new replies

To Lime Rock HPDE

Quick Reply: Lime Rock HPDE