Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wilwood Carbon brakes for C5/C6

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 10:11 AM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Default Wilwood Carbon brakes for C5/C6

AERO6 WCCB Carbon-Ceramic Big Brake Front Brake Kit

AERO6 WCCD Carbon-Ceramic Rotor Front Brake Kits offer an extreme performance upgrade featuring WCCB Carbon-Ceramic Dynamic Mount Rotors with Wilwood’s exclusive Bobbin Mounting System. AERO6 WCCD kits are engineered to maximize braking capacity inside custom wheels. These brake kits offer a simple bolt-on installation with minor modifications required to the front spindle only and are fully compatible with ABS and OE master cylinder output. W6AR calipers are a competition proven and offer fully detail machined forged caliper body demonstrates superior strength and resistance to deflection and separation under high load. A high temperature, fluid resistant “Quick-Silver“ Nickel plate is the standard for performance, other colors (Black and Red powder coat) are available as options. 14.00” WCCB rotors are made from a proprietary blend ceramic matrix composite material commonly known as Carbon-Ceramic and dynamically using Wilwood’s proprietary integrated anti-rattle Bobbin Mounting System. WCCD rotors offer higher thermal conductivity and heat capacity in excess of conventional iron or titanium rotors of similar or even greater weight and have been developed to withstand extreme temperatures with the highest possible degree of resistance against distortion, warping, cracking and wear.

Front:
http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/Bra...tte&option=C-6

Rear:
http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/Bra...tte&option=C-6

The calipers:

http://www.wilwood.com/Calipers/Cali...no=120-13290-N

The new Aero6 forged six piston caliper delivers heavy duty stopping power for the road or track. The caliper incorporates race technology into a body design with widespread adaptability. Radial mounting, multiple options for piston volume, and a rotor diameter ranging from 12.19" to 15.00" give this caliper the versatility necessary to suit all types of heavy weight braking requirements. The new Aero4 is the latest innovation to the W4A / W6A series of calipers. It has been redesigned with internal fluid ports that eliminate the external fluid cross-over tubes and massive center bridge assembly.

The body of Aero series is stress-flow forged from a premium grade aluminum alloy billet. Stress-flow forging realigns the metal's internal grain structure to flow within the contour of the caliper body. This process eliminates the stresses and interruptions to the internal grain structure that occur when machining a straight block billet. The results are a caliper with superior clamping efficiency and ultimate strength against fatigue, stresses, and distortion under load.

Last edited by el es tu; 03-26-2014 at 10:13 AM.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:35 AM
0Todd TCE
Former Vendor

Received 110 Likes on 90 Posts

Were you looking for some? Be the first set I've sold. Set you up with a great deal.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:19 PM
'Shifter
Thoroughly chapped
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 409 Likes on 327 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17
NCM Member '09

Burly....just burly...
Old 03-26-2014, 01:32 PM
Bad Karma
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Not even remotely in my budget, but... Sweet!
Old 03-26-2014, 01:33 PM
el es tu
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Todd TCE
Were you looking for some? Be the first set I've sold. Set you up with a great deal.
Ill be happy if my tax returns get me a basic fnsl setup to ditch the floating junk the factory put on...

Considering the discounts your company offers, is it safe to assume that carbon setup would go for roughly 10k?

Old 03-26-2014, 02:12 PM
TorontoC6
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

$2338 per rotor ring? No thanks
Old 03-26-2014, 02:45 PM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

$2k per ring @ Summit!
The market for pads seems a bit thin, but I'm sure throwing money at that problem will solve it.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:44 PM
0Todd TCE
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by el es tu
Ill be happy if my tax returns get me a basic fnsl setup to ditch the floating junk the factory put on...

Considering the discounts your company offers, is it safe to assume that carbon setup would go for roughly 10k?

I'd have to pull up the numbers for you. But as you suspect: you call; you call you save.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:54 PM
AND0
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 25 Posts

Pumba's ZR1 carbon ceramic brakes with upgraded spindles was ~$9000
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-z...inquiry-9.html
Old 03-29-2014, 12:02 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Todd, will those rotors fit in my front W6As that run with the stock 14 inch Z06 rotor?

While I was looking at Wilwood's web site I noticed there is a new Bobbin Style rotor hat that may better than the hats I have now. Can the rotor rings that I have now interface with the newer hat or do I need special rotors?

Bill
Old 03-29-2014, 10:22 AM
0Todd TCE
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
Todd, will those rotors fit in my front W6As that run with the stock 14 inch Z06 rotor?

While I was looking at Wilwood's web site I noticed there is a new Bobbin Style rotor hat that may better than the hats I have now. Can the rotor rings that I have now interface with the newer hat or do I need special rotors?

Bill

Let me do some research on it Bill.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:45 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd TCE
Let me do some research on it Bill.
Same question on my Stoptechs............................... ........................................ .........Oh, and BTW, are ya interested in SPONSORING Bill and me
Old 04-01-2014, 10:04 AM
0Todd TCE
Former Vendor

Right now still struggling to get some further info. Not sure what to make of that.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:35 PM
0Todd TCE
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn

Bill
The consensus is that it will Bill. However the two kits don't share the same bracket thus suggesting that the exact offset mount could be a tad different. Shim-able with what you have now? Maybe. Depends on which way it needs to go. However it's all for naught...as there is none of this stuff in stock. Go figure.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:58 PM
1991Z07
Safety Car

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

So...how are these compared to the Z07/ZR1 Brembo units?

I just drove a Lambo Guillardo and a Ferrari 458 last weekend at CotA. The Brembo units were awesome! And so consistent lap after lap after lap! I was waiting to brake until the 150' - 170' mark into T12 doing about 155-160 mph and it was stopping well short of the corner.

Just curious...I'm looking to use carbon-ceramics for the C4 track car. If I can get the ZR1/Z07's for $8k complete, and these are $12k (retail)...they better be light years better.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:25 PM
el es tu
Safety Car

The oem brembos have dust boots which can melt off.

You can get the wilwoods with with titanium piston inserts.

The wilwood rotors are solid faced, instead of drilled.

Wilwood offers the option of a zinc finish or powdercoated instead of only powdercoat with the brembos
Old 04-01-2014, 01:35 PM
0Todd TCE
Former Vendor

I'm digging for more info on time etc. when I have some more that's worth sharing I will.

That being said, the $8k price point won't be broached I'm certain. Better...? That's going to be a bit subjective I suppose. The optional nickel plate and thermlock pistons are nice but even at the good buddy price point you'll still be in the $10K plus range.

Get notified of new replies

To Wilwood Carbon brakes for C5/C6

Quick Reply: Wilwood Carbon brakes for C5/C6