Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick Release Steering Wheel Adapter - What brand/Where to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 10:45 AM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Quick Release Steering Wheel Adapter - What brand/Where to buy?

Hey guys,

What does everyone use/like for quick release steering wheel adapters (c5 corvette)? I found a lot of older threads recommending an ATI unit, however I can't seem to find it for sale anywhere.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:31 PM
StreetSpeed
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by stevensa
Hey guys,

What does everyone use/like for quick release steering wheel adapters (c5 corvette)? I found a lot of older threads recommending an ATI unit, however I can't seem to find it for sale anywhere.

Thanks in advance.
I just installed an OMP wheel with a NRG quick release. Took it for a quick road test yesterday and all seems well. Didn't turn the wheel in anger but so far I love the size and feel of the wheel, and the quick release does make life easy getting in and out.

Amazon Amazon

Amazon.com: 97-04 Chevrolet Corvette MOMO Steering Wheel Hub Adapter 98 99 00 01 02 03: Automotive Amazon.com: 97-04 Chevrolet Corvette MOMO Steering Wheel Hub Adapter 98 99 00 01 02 03: Automotive

Amazon.com: NRG Steering Wheel Quick Release Kit - Gen 2.5 - Black Body with Black / Carbon Fiber Ring - Part # SRK-250CF: Automotive Amazon.com: NRG Steering Wheel Quick Release Kit - Gen 2.5 - Black Body with Black / Carbon Fiber Ring - Part # SRK-250CF: Automotive

Old 04-01-2014, 02:52 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Grant makes a relatively cheap wheel adapter, spacer, and momo/sparco adapter all available through Summit Racing. That with a Sparco 350 wheel makes for a nice setup.

Old 04-01-2014, 06:34 PM
3X2
Melting Slicks

Received 466 Likes on 361 Posts

I use NRG's when a horn is needed and Lifeline when no horn is needed.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:50 PM
lefrog
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Same setup here. Horn is still functional.
Install is a breeze after you have removed the stock wheel.
The Gen 2.8 seems to be slightly easier with gloves, haven't tested the 3.0 but the prices have come down:
Amazon.com: NRG Steering Wheel Quick Release Kit - Black Gen 3 - Part # SRK-650BK: Automotive Amazon.com: NRG Steering Wheel Quick Release Kit - Black Gen 3 - Part # SRK-650BK: Automotive
Old 04-01-2014, 11:23 PM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

The ATIs quick release is the grant standard gm bolt on setup. The unique piece from ATI is the steering wheel to quick release adapter. It is extended to place the steering wheel near the stock location. I have yet to find another adapter extended like that. It is machined out in the center so short bolts can be used. All other spacers I have seen require long bolts and stacking with a 6 bolt to 3 bolt adapter.

Get notified of new replies

To Quick Release Steering Wheel Adapter - What brand/Where to buy?

Quick Reply: Quick Release Steering Wheel Adapter - What brand/Where to buy?