Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Online Magazine for Track Day Enthusiasts

Old 04-06-2014, 12:19 PM
AutoTrackDay
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New Online Magazine for Track Day Enthusiasts

My wife and I are both track day drivers and we have started a free online magazine catering exclusively to the track day driver enthusiast. We welcome you to visit our website at www.autotrackdaymonthly.com

Check out just some of our original articles:

Track designer Alan Wilson is interviewed
A review of smart phone data and video logging apps and interview with the developer of Track Attack
An interview with the developer of RaceRender video editing software and the smart phone app, TrackAddictHD
An interview with Daniel McCoey who is a time trial driver and a track prep shop owner in Australia on track modifications
Reviews of race track facilities NCCAR in North Carolina and The FIRM in Gainesville
Two articles on efforts to reduce street racing by youths

and How To articles on our How To and Getting Started tabs

Please check the 13 modules on our home page. By clicking 'Read More" you can go right to the original material.

Thanks,
Michael and Ziva
The following users liked this post:
BigMonkey73 (03-23-2017)
Old 04-06-2014, 02:20 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by AutoTrackDay
My wife and I are both track day drivers and we have started a free online magazine catering exclusively to the track day driver enthusiast. We welcome you to visit our website at www.autotrackdaymonthly.com

Check out just some of our original articles:

Track designer Alan Wilson is interviewed
A review of smart phone data and video logging apps and interview with the developer of Track Attack
An interview with the developer of RaceRender video editing software and the smart phone app, TrackAddictHD
An interview with Daniel McCoey who is a time trial driver and a track prep shop owner in Australia on track modifications
Reviews of race track facilities NCCAR in North Carolina and The FIRM in Gainesville
Two articles on efforts to reduce street racing by youths

and How To articles on our How To and Getting Started tabs

Please check the 13 modules on our home page. By clicking 'Read More" you can go right to the original material.

Thanks,
Michael and Ziva
Thanks, I will have a read when I get time next week.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:31 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

I'm interested! Thanks for posting
Old 04-06-2014, 03:05 PM
AutoTrackDay
Instructor

Thanks for the interest and hope you enjoy the articles and resources.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:21 PM
froggy47
Race Director

I tried to register, but did not get confirm email (unless there is some delay built in. Usually it's immediate.

Old 04-06-2014, 03:36 PM
AutoTrackDay
Instructor

Originally Posted by froggy47
I tried to register, but did not get confirm email (unless there is some delay built in. Usually it's immediate.

You are good to go. Thanks for registering. If you sign up for our email list, we will send you an update each month of new articles.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:19 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 237 Likes on 165 Posts

Old 04-09-2014, 08:12 AM
red1vette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice!
Old 04-09-2014, 08:24 AM
FASTFATBOY
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 121 Posts

Cool page, kinda slow though.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:57 AM
AutoTrackDay
Instructor

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 04-09-2014, 01:10 PM
morris
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I enjoyed the in car telemetry article. The home page is kind of busy you might consider slimming it down some this will also help with loading time given the heavy graphics on the home page. Make sure you are using website resolution on the graphics and not higher resolution this also can contribute to slow page loading. I also didn't want to do the full registration, you might consider a quick email sign up so you can email the newsletter each month, not everyone wants to give all their information right off the back.

With all that said I found value in the information so good job!
Old 04-09-2014, 02:00 PM
AutoTrackDay
Instructor

Originally Posted by morris
I enjoyed the in car telemetry article. The home page is kind of busy you might consider slimming it down some this will also help with loading time given the heavy graphics on the home page. Make sure you are using website resolution on the graphics and not higher resolution this also can contribute to slow page loading. I also didn't want to do the full registration, you might consider a quick email sign up so you can email the newsletter each month, not everyone wants to give all their information right off the back.

Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the suggestions on the graphics. Will look into it. You can sign up for email alerts/newsletter on the home page without registering.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:08 PM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by morris
Great way to write that sir and agreed.
I would love to sign up but I've only had this damn tablet and it just wont work for me. Ill have my laptop back soon but it stinks to wait!
All well.....
Thank you for putting this together!
Old 04-09-2014, 07:44 PM
AutoTrackDay
Instructor

Originally Posted by FruiTay
Great way to write that sir and agreed.
I would love to sign up but I've only had this damn tablet and it just wont work for me. Ill have my laptop back soon but it stinks to wait!
All well.....
Thank you for putting this together!
The site is fully available even when not logged in. You can post on the forum without being logged in too. If you sign up for email alerts we will send you a monthly notice of new material coming. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:16 PM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AutoTrackDay
The site is fully available even when not logged in. You can post on the forum without being logged in too. If you sign up for email alerts we will send you a monthly notice of new material coming. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Ah man, don't apologise, I love that you guys are putting all this together! I've already been reading up. Just finished the article on the Z/28 and looking forward to that track designer.
Track days are what I'm into and if I'm not at the track, I love to read about it!
Thanks again!
Old 04-09-2014, 08:22 PM
AutoTrackDay
Instructor

Originally Posted by FruiTay
Ah man, don't apologise, I love that you guys are putting all this together! I've already been reading up. Just finished the article on the Z/28 and looking forward to that track designer.
Track days are what I'm into and if I'm not at the track, I love to read about it!
Thanks again!
We felt the same way. We are track day fanatics and just could not find anything to read between events. We are enjoying creating the content and are so pleased that we are getting feedback like yours. It is a validation of our idea. Thanks.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:41 PM
AutoTrackDay
Instructor

Default May Issue Is Out

The May issue of www.autotrackdaymonthly.com is up! We've featured one of Paul Newman's favorite tracks, Brainerd International Raceway; everyone's dream kit car 818, developed by Factory Five Racing; Apache helicopter pilot turned track day enthusiast Chad Morehead; what to look for when modifying your brakes for track days; the ins and outs of track day insurance coverage and much more. We've also added turn-by-turn breakdowns of your favorite tracks so take a look before you go!

Get notified of new replies

To New Online Magazine for Track Day Enthusiasts

Old 05-09-2014, 04:27 PM
AutoTrackDay
Instructor

We just interviewed David Ray of Hooked on Driving. They have 2 new Corvettes for on track test drives at every event.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:05 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Tried to login nope, tried sending email to my email for pw reset nope, still trying to engage with the online publication.

Help.

Old 05-09-2014, 08:06 PM
AutoTrackDay
Instructor

Originally Posted by froggy47
Tried to login nope, tried sending email to my email for pw reset nope, still trying to engage with the online publication.

Help.

Hi Froggy47.
I activated your account, but you do not need to register or log in to access the entire magazine. It does help us if you register, so that is appreciated.
Enjoy!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Online Magazine for Track Day Enthusiasts