Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will these calipers/brake kit clear my wheels?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 10:23 AM
0Todd TCE
Former Vendor

Received 110 Likes on 90 Posts

Default Will these calipers/brake kit clear my wheels?!

How many times have we read this question? Maybe you've asked it yourself being unsure of what space is needed for your plan of attack.

TCE has a new and simple calculator to help with this. A "Caliper Clearance" calculator which takes the spec of the caliper body and combines it with your stock or 2pc hat and rotor to give you the information you're looking for.

CAL CLEARANCE

You'll need to know a few things about your plan:
1. The body size overhang
2. The hat or rotor offset
3. The face thickness of your hat or one piece rotor.

Put that info into this calculator and you'll soon have your Dimension A of this drawing:

Pull a wheel and place a straight edge over the hub of your wheel and measure into the pocketed spoke area. In a matter of minutes you'll know just how close you'll be. *Dim. B and C are going to vary by the diameter of your disc. Take that diameter and divide by 2. Add about one inch to the result and you'll be close on Dim C.

In addition to our BRAKE BIAS and DUAL MASTER CYLINDER CALCULATOR it's one more tool to help folks with their braking needs.
Attached Images  
Old 04-11-2014, 10:28 AM
Sox-Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 345 Likes on 266 Posts

:likebutton:

Quick Reply: Will these calipers/brake kit clear my wheels?!