Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 z06 suspension upgrade help auto x and weekend warrior

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 12:04 PM
1redz06
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C5 z06 suspension upgrade help auto x and weekend warrior

I've been wanting to change my suspension set up for quite some time. I use the car for auto cross, drag racing and do drive the car on the street about 5k miles per year.

Currently have : Nt01r tires on all 4 corners, c6 z06 sway bars, elite 3/8" tunnel plate, drm aluminum steering rack bushing and bilstien sport shocks. Also c6 z06 rear leaf spring due to the fact that I have a 2010 z06 trans and diff in the car along with solid trans/diff mounts. Factory c5z alignment

I would like to have more road feedback, crisper turn in less body roll and would like try and fix the jolting on uneven pavement.

I was planning on purchasing pfadt coilovers, lite rate sway bars and a poly bushing kit. I'm not sure if at was a good approach to getting my suspension issues straightened out but I'll never know now that they are out of business.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-12-2014, 02:10 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by 1redz06
I've been wanting to change my suspension set up for quite some time. I use the car for auto cross, drag racing and do drive the car on the street about 5k miles per year.

Currently have : Nt01r tires on all 4 corners, c6 z06 sway bars, elite 3/8" tunnel plate, drm aluminum steering rack bushing and bilstien sport shocks. Also c6 z06 rear leaf spring due to the fact that I have a 2010 z06 trans and diff in the car along with solid trans/diff mounts. Factory c5z alignment

I would like to have more road feedback, crisper turn in less body roll and would like try and fix the jolting on uneven pavement.

I was planning on purchasing pfadt coilovers, lite rate sway bars and a poly bushing kit. I'm not sure if at was a good approach to getting my suspension issues straightened out but I'll never know now that they are out of business.

Thanks in advance.
Do keep this in mind...as you start to make the switch over to focusing on road racing, your drag times are going to suffer.

Now the un-even and un-settling feeling you get in a C5/6 Corvette is mainly due to that leaf spring and going to a coil over is going to almost completely remove that feel to the car.

Changing the bushings to either the mono ball units or going to a poly kit will help the car maintain it's alignment under stress because they will not deflect like the soft rubber bushings.

A quick way to keep the car flat in the corners would be to look at a sway bar upgrade first. That won't fix the rear end hop on un-even pavement but will keep it planted in the corners.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:38 PM
morris
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Now the un-even and un-settling feeling you get in a C5/6 Corvette is mainly due to that leaf spring and going to a coil over is going to almost completely remove that feel to the car.

This was one of the best mods I made there were no down sides and the car felt more responsive and settled while cornering over rough asphalt in particular, I also did the sway bars at the same time the combination was outstanding.

Get notified of new replies

To C5 z06 suspension upgrade help auto x and weekend warrior

Quick Reply: C5 z06 suspension upgrade help auto x and weekend warrior