Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone else's DeWitts fit their C5Z like this?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 09:04 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Does anyone else's DeWitts fit their C5Z like this?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Noticed this while working on ps leak. The tabs on the rad are off to the right so it doesn't fit into the tabs on the rad holder. Radiator tab on bottom is positioned into the mount. I don't see any way to adj the plastic shroud. Radiator actually just lays against the upper rad hose to hold it up. Is this normal for a DeWitts? It has been on for over 6 years.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:20 PM
0Tom@Dewitt
Former Vendor

Received 627 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by waddisme
[IMG] The tabs on the rad are off to the right so it doesn't fit into the tabs on the rad holder. Radiator tab on bottom is positioned into the mount. I don't see any way to adj the plastic shroud. Radiator actually just lays against the upper rad hose to hold it up. Is this normal for a DeWitts? It has been on for over 6 years.
Something is wrong, not sure what though. It looks like the whole radiator is shifted to the right. Maybe the pin on the bottom is bent or in the wrong location? I wonder why the installer would have left it that way. We also recommend sniping off a little piece of the fan shroud so it hugs the core better and that was not done either. I'm thinking just a poor installation job. Pull it out and investigate

Last edited by Tom@Dewitt; 04-15-2014 at 10:23 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:48 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Watch my video on the installation (link below).

I did have to trim some on the upper left shroud to get it to fit (Tom you should probably mention that in the instructions, but I did get all the tabs in and a good seal.

I agree, somebody botched the install. They fit fine (little trimming) if you do it right.

Old 04-16-2014, 12:21 AM
2002rich
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is possible the upper shroud is not aligned rather than the radiator not being mounted correctly. If you loosen the 4 nuts, you can push the shroud over to the right. It looks like the CAI is pinned to the shroud and that might be what is throwing it off.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:39 AM
Bad Karma
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Something on the install doesn't seem like it was done right. I wonder if they didn't get the condenser locked into the radiator like they were supposed to; maybe only the bottom and it's pushing the radiator apart from the condenser and not letting it align with the shroud.

Mine fit like a glove; I bypassed the need to trim the fan shroud by installing a single big fan.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:06 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 2002rich
It is possible the upper shroud is not aligned rather than the radiator not being mounted correctly. If you loosen the 4 nuts, you can push the shroud over to the right. It looks like the CAI is pinned to the shroud and that might be what is throwing it off.
I think that may be the case. Will try to adj this weekend. I guess the tabs for the fans fit under the upper shroud also. I hope this is why I can't seem to get a good seal on the rad and surround. I looked up underneath tonite and the bottom tab doesn't look bent and I am not sure if it could be bent - it is solid. Will update.

Thanks.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:38 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

OK - shifted the upper shroud over and the rad fit under the tabs and is now in its proper place. Just need to get fan tabs up under the shroud. Rad shroud still comes up a little short to make good seal, so will work on that this weekend.

Thanks for the help.

Get notified of new replies

To Does anyone else's DeWitts fit their C5Z like this?

Quick Reply: Does anyone else's DeWitts fit their C5Z like this?