Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Neck restraint

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 09:38 PM
emptnest
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Neck restraint

New to track. Beginning with stock seats and 3 point belts.

Seems like R3 Rage is(was) best restraint available for stock equipment, but is no longer made.

Is Simpson Rage Pro or Hybrid suitable for use with OEM 3 point belts?

Thanks.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:51 AM
cwikstro
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by emptnest
New to track. Beginning with stock seats and 3 point belts.

Seems like R3 Rage is(was) best restraint available for stock equipment, but is no longer made.

Is Simpson Rage Pro or Hybrid suitable for use with OEM 3 point belts?

Thanks.
I say yes as this type is only one you can uses with out harness. Good call for being safe!
Old 04-27-2014, 11:38 AM
nassaubluecoupe
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, I use a Hybrid Pro Rage with the stock seats and belts.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:23 AM
TKOGTO
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by nassaubluecoupe
Yes, I use a Hybrid Pro Rage with the stock seats and belts.
It is very important to get the exact name when discussing these devices. Safety Solutions, which is now owned by Simpson had several different models of Hans type devices. The only one that can be used with stock seat belts in the R3. The Hybrid Pro Rage is not designed for stock belts and as such offers little/no protection for your neck. Check the OG Racing site for descriptions of the various devices http://www.ogracing.com/simpson-hybr...neck-restraint. For the Hybrid Pro Rage you will see "... the SFI-rated Hybrid Pro Rage is designed to keep the harness belts on your shoulders for comfort..."

OP - there are many articles on Hans devices. I recommend you read a few to know exactly what they do, then buy one. If you are keeping your stock seat then the R3 is your only option.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:22 PM
nassaubluecoupe
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TKOGTO
It is very important to get the exact name when discussing these devices. Safety Solutions, which is now owned by Simpson had several different models of Hans type devices. The only one that can be used with stock seat belts in the R3. The Hybrid Pro Rage is not designed for stock belts and as such offers little/no protection for your neck. Check the OG Racing site for descriptions of the various devices http://www.ogracing.com/simpson-hybr...neck-restraint. For the Hybrid Pro Rage you will see "... the SFI-rated Hybrid Pro Rage is designed to keep the harness belts on your shoulders for comfort..."

OP - there are many articles on Hans devices. I recommend you read a few to know exactly what they do, then buy one. If you are keeping your stock seat then the R3 is your only option.

The R3 is no longer made or for sale, except in youth sizes. The Hybrid Pro Rage is the same back pack style design which anchors to your body and is what makes it usable with stock belts (my understanding anyway). I had a pretty big spin about a month ago and my head didn't move around at all. I ordered mine with the optional seat belt anchor system, which gives additional support when used with a harness, for when I get a harness in the future.

Get notified of new replies

To Neck restraint

Quick Reply: Neck restraint