Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cvcc hpde

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 07:18 PM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Received 914 Likes on 721 Posts
Oldtimer

Default Cvcc hpde

Just wanted to let everyone know that Cumberland Valley Corvette Club put on another great HPDE at Pocono North this past weekend. Great teachers, facility and of course organization by Dave Walter and his assistants. If you haven't been, it's a great weekend!!
Old 05-05-2014, 11:05 PM
db2xpert
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by chasboy
Just wanted to let everyone know that Cumberland Valley Corvette Club put on another great HPDE at Pocono North this past weekend. Great teachers, facility and of course organization by Dave Walter and his assistants. If you haven't been, it's a great weekend!!
Sorry I could not be there this yr. Always a great event !!!
Old 05-06-2014, 08:38 AM
argonaut
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

I had fun also. By Sunday afternoon a majority of folks had bailed and the few that remained got as much track time as we could handle. That track is just brutal on left rear tires - I corded two Continental slicks (they were well used to begin with) and switched to streets for most of Sunday.

Lots of nice cars. A couple C7s and ZR1s. Several very nice C4s. Nothing older than that however. Rode in a 996 Turbo - holy chit that beast can accelerate - 4 wheel drive and 500+ HP.

We probably had 9 or 10 first timers and I think they all had a good time. Its a lot of fun to introduce new folks to the track and the north course is a really good layout for it - short, flat, not much to hit and just 7 corners. My student was driving a supercharged SRT Challenger. For a boat of a car it did surprisingly well - by the end of the first day he was getting that thing rotated and throttle steering out of the corners. Loved the smile on his face.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:47 AM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Oldtimer

I was in the same group in the #7 car. I learned a lot from Ken N., increasing my smoothness and speed significantly.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:59 PM
argonaut
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Ken is a great guy and a great instructor - he's ridden right seat with me once or twice. Very smooth, very consistent.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:39 AM
mallett435
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by chasboy
I couldn't agree more. Tons of track time and very well organized. It's on my annual required track day list. Nice to start the season out with such a fun crowd. Hope to see you guys again later this year at VIR or Summit Point.

BTW, my left tires look a lot different than the right after Pocono. ha

Chris
Old 05-08-2014, 01:15 PM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Oldtimer

Originally Posted by mallett435
I couldn't agree more. Tons of track time and very well organized. It's on my annual required track day list. Nice to start the season out with such a fun crowd. Hope to see you guys again later this year at VIR or Summit Point.

BTW, my left tires look a lot different than the right after Pocono. ha

Chris
Hey Chris, glad you responded! I had lost your contact info. Those 1/2hour sessions were great. I couldn't believe how the sport cups were cheese doodling this time, and it wasn't even hot. Do you have them?
I'll see you at Summit!

Get notified of new replies

To Cvcc hpde

Quick Reply: Cvcc hpde