Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Grand Prix of Indianapolis for Phila viewers

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 04:52 PM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,029 Likes on 1,315 Posts

Default No Grand Prix of Indianapolis for Phila viewers

The local ABC affiliate in Philadelphia (ABC6), has chosen to replace the Grand Prix of Indianapolis with a local rowing event, and the PA State Democratic Governor debate!

The real kicker, is that the rowing has been delayed because of rain, so instead of showing the race, they had a show on about elephants!

It's pretty annoying! We're running the vintage race with the SVRA on the Indy road course, in June. I was really hoping to get a look at the track, and have an idea about the line, etc.

NASCAR would never allow a race broadcast, in one of the top ten TV markets in the country, to be preempted. This kind of crap, is why Indycar racing, will never be a major draw! They're just such an amateur, Mickey Mouse type operation.

With the force of NASCAR, behind the IMSA Tudor series, I wouldn't be surprised if Indycar becomes nothing more than a Saturday support race, for IMSA in the not to distant future!
Old 05-10-2014, 10:05 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by gbvette62
The local ABC affiliate in Philadelphia (ABC6), has chosen to replace the Grand Prix of Indianapolis with a local rowing event, and the PA State Democratic Governor debate!

The real kicker, is that the rowing has been delayed because of rain, so instead of showing the race, they had a show on about elephants!

It's pretty annoying! We're running the vintage race with the SVRA on the Indy road course, in June. I was really hoping to get a look at the track, and have an idea about the line, etc.

NASCAR would never allow a race broadcast, in one of the top ten TV markets in the country, to be preempted. This kind of crap, is why Indycar racing, will never be a major draw! They're just such an amateur, Mickey Mouse type operation.

With the force of NASCAR, behind the IMSA Tudor series, I wouldn't be surprised if Indycar becomes nothing more than a Saturday support race, for IMSA in the not to distant future!
GBVette.............................We'l l see ya at Indy
Old 05-11-2014, 10:19 PM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,029 Likes on 1,315 Posts

Originally Posted by 63Corvette
GBVette.............................We'l l see ya at Indy
We're really looking forward to it!

I saw you were on the entrants list. I'll be there with Jim Glass from NY, with his red 65 BP convertible, and Bill Bogner with his blue 66 BP convertible.

I was talking with Forum member C2Racer, a few days ago about Indy. As you probably already know, he's coming up from Texas for it too, with his 63.

I'll make an effort to find you there!
Old 05-12-2014, 09:21 AM
jstewart10
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default offer

i'm going to be there friday and saturday spectating, but i'd rather have a purpose if any of you guys need help
Old 05-12-2014, 01:15 PM
jbondfl
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by gbvette62

Do you nave an iPad? Download Real Racing 3. its free and has the Indy Road course on it. Close enough to let you learn the turns.

Get notified of new replies

To No Grand Prix of Indianapolis for Phila viewers

Quick Reply: No Grand Prix of Indianapolis for Phila viewers