Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 seat back play

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 03:28 AM
geagle.2001
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default C6 seat back play

Just bought a 2005 Z51 and am looking forward to some track days this summer. Even when in the "locked" position, the seat back has some forward play. My understanding is that this is an intentional design element so that you don't break the seat against the bulkhead when all the way back. However, I can see how this could be a liability under heavy braking. Does anyone have a work around home remedy to actually lock the seat? Maybe its not as big a deal as I anticipate, but I'm surprised that I have never even seen that fact mentioned in any review of the car, which usually involves track testing. Also, if memory serves, the seats in my 94 didn't have that play in it.
Would like to hear from others if they have found it to be a non-issue or if there is a work around.
My 94 also had a "seatbelt lock" button, but not on the 05. Guess the old trick of pulling the belt all the way out, letting it go tight, and moving the seat forward a notch is the way to go there.
Thanks for any feedback.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:57 PM
StKnoWhere
Tech Contributor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by geagle.2001
Just bought a 2005 Z51 and am looking forward to some track days this summer. Even when in the "locked" position, the seat back has some forward play. My understanding is that this is an intentional design element so that you don't break the seat against the bulkhead when all the way back. However, I can see how this could be a liability under heavy braking. Does anyone have a work around home remedy to actually lock the seat? Maybe its not as big a deal as I anticipate, but I'm surprised that I have never even seen that fact mentioned in any review of the car, which usually involves track testing. Also, if memory serves, the seats in my 94 didn't have that play in it.
Would like to hear from others if they have found it to be a non-issue or if there is a work around.
My 94 also had a "seatbelt lock" button, but not on the 05. Guess the old trick of pulling the belt all the way out, letting it go tight, and moving the seat forward a notch is the way to go there.
Thanks for any feedback.
Normal and not an issue for me, move the seat back, pull the belt out so it locks, move seat forward. Sitting Close to the steering wheel with elbows bent to a comfortable position helps.

Quick Reply: C6 seat back play