Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Z51 Autocrossing?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 08:29 AM
Searious
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C7 Z51 Autocrossing?

Anyone done much with the Z51? I'm going to be keeping it in SS (potentially SSR with something like the R888s) since I decided to buy a house right after the car and need to recover from that...but am looking down the road at what wheel/tire options I have.

From what I've seen in some other threads, 18s are being run on the track but their are clearance issues around the ducts. Has anyone put wider tires wheels/tires without damaging anything? Recommendations on any upgrades from the stock PSS?
Old 05-22-2014, 09:41 AM
0MTI RACING
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Searious
Anyone done much with the Z51? I'm going to be keeping it in SS (potentially SSR with something like the R888s) since I decided to buy a house right after the car and need to recover from that...but am looking down the road at what wheel/tire options I have.

From what I've seen in some other threads, 18s are being run on the track but their are clearance issues around the ducts. Has anyone put wider tires wheels/tires without damaging anything? Recommendations on any upgrades from the stock PSS?
We removed the front factory brake ducts and put 18x10.5" C5z06 wheels on. For Autocross you are not going to get your brakes hot enough to need brake cooling. Other than that no issues with running 18's square. Also once you run 18's you can run Hoosier A6's, which are meant for autocross. There are a bunch of tire options in the 18" size.

Quick Reply: C7 Z51 Autocrossing?