Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would Corsa be an upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 02:12 PM
emptnest
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Would Corsa be an upgrade?

I recently purchased a 1993 C4, equipped with stock LT-1 engine. Modest exhaust upgrades already in place include:
- Hooker shorty headers
- 3” exhaust pipes from the cats,
- DynoMax VT mufflers with 3" inlet / outlet, feeding 4" tips

Cats remain in place; but I don't know whether they are stock or high flow.

For looks and throaty sound, I would prefer a Corsa cat back system. Existing system sounds kind of tame, and has that "raw" aftermarket look. But the purpose of the car is primarily track duty for HPDE events (novice level for now). Car must remain street legal, as it will be driven to and from the track.

I'm guessing that the Corsa would be 2" from the cats to the muffler. Yes?

Most important, will my desire for Corsa exhaust be a step backward in terms of performance?
Old 05-26-2014, 10:34 PM
hungryhippo
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

The corsa should be about the same performance-wise, but be heavier. On a C6 it is 10 lbs heavier than stock.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:48 AM
Bill32
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts

I run my 92 on the track at every event (as an instructor taking other drivers out).

I run the Corvette Central chambered cat back system, love it.
2 3/4" pipes, chambered sections where the resonator used to be and muffler eliminators.

The nice thing about this system is, it's fairly quiet until you hit 2,500 then, gets very loud nice for driving thru the neighborhood). It also is fairly quiet @ 70 in 6th.

The Corsa is SS but it's also $1,600 and has 2 1/2 inch pipes.
The CC system is $534.

a 1/4 or 1/2 inch difference in the pipe size is not going to affect your lap times that much.
What will affect your lap times is suspension upgrades. The price difference between those 2 systems would buy a good set of shocks.

Get notified of new replies

To Would Corsa be an upgrade?

Quick Reply: Would Corsa be an upgrade?