Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing Oil when Tracking a C7

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 09:40 PM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,984 Likes on 1,143 Posts

Default Changing Oil when Tracking a C7

The C7 manual suggests and it makes sense that we go to 30 W 50 Mobile 1 when tracking the car.

I live about an hour from mid ohio and am going there for a track day Monday. So I changed out the oil tonight will do some street driving the next few days.... off to the track Monday and early next week after a day of racing change back to the street version oil.

BUT what if I was going to a track out of town.... say a day away like VIR or Gingerman? Would I be OK to change to track oil a few days before..... drive 500 miles to the track and back and change back?

Just don't know the effects of doing this. Yes one could say change it at the track and it is easy enough to do.....except then I have 11 qts of old oil to mess with.

Open to suggestions. Thanks!
Old 05-28-2014, 09:56 PM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg00Coupe
The C7 manual suggests and it makes sense that we go to 30 W 50 Mobile 1 when tracking the car.

I live about an hour from mid ohio and am going there for a track day Monday. So I changed out the oil tonight will do some street driving the next few days.... off to the track Monday and early next week after a day of racing change back to the street version oil.

BUT what if I was going to a track out of town.... say a day away like VIR or Gingerman? Would I be OK to change to track oil a few days before..... drive 500 miles to the track and back and change back?

Just don't know the effects of doing this. Yes one could say change it at the track and it is easy enough to do.....except then I have 11 qts of old oil to mess with.

Open to suggestions. Thanks!
you should be fine in the summer, just don't use it during cold weather

Quick Reply: Changing Oil when Tracking a C7