Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kudos 2 Phoenix Performance

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 11:55 AM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,403 Likes on 610 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

Default Kudos 2 Phoenix Performance

A Story I just had to share.

I have to give kudos to Joe Aquilante and Phoenix Performance. I was on track at New Jersey Motorsports Park Wednesday 5/14 when my Z06 started throwing oil out the bottom of the engine. Joe Aquilante happened to be there testing Preston Calvert's T-2 Mustang. I approached Joe with my problem and without hesitation Joe himself was under my Corvette assessing the situation for me. All the time they were having issues with the ABS and an electrical gremlin with Preston's Mustang Joe still made time to help me. NOW THATS CUSTOMER SERVICE at the very best. One of Joe's techs, Chris Boughter also went above and beyond to help me out.
I just couldn't let this situation go without mentioning to all my friends what a terrific group of guys they are at Phoenix Performance, from the Owner Joe down to Chris the painter/tech.
Of course these guys know race cars. They have built many full Race prepped T1 & T2 Corvette's, CTS-V's and Mustangs. They also run the full IMSA Continental Tire Series schedule. Id recommend Phoenix Performance to anyone interested in performance work to their cars.
Thanks Joe and Chris for everything. YOU GUYS ROCK.

Phoenix Performance
481 Schuylkill Road
Phoenixville‎ Pa‎ 19460
Old 05-29-2014, 12:10 PM
RDnomorecobra
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

2nd that.

ray
Old 05-29-2014, 12:16 PM
TGiuliante
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My experience with Joe have always been great. Joe thank you for many conversations and all the help you offered me and my brother. It is greatly appreciated.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:41 PM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Contributor

For more info on Phoenix Performance, Click ======> HERE
Old 05-29-2014, 07:35 PM
Jawnathin
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

What ended up being the problem?

BTW, they are indeed great guys. Called to buy a tow hook from them and we ended up chatting for a bit. They're really enthusiastic about these cars and they know their stuff.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:39 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

I think I have heard of that guy before. Does he drive a red C6?

I might have seen him on the track or on TV or something....
Old 05-29-2014, 09:05 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

hopefully not a grenaded valve problem
Old 05-30-2014, 08:17 AM
db2xpert
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Always done a great job for me too !!
Old 05-30-2014, 09:22 AM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Contributor

Well I replaced the oil cooler lines. The guys at Phoenix are going to put on the Dyno next week to get it in track type conditions (high revs) and see if the leak was indeed the cooler lines.
As for the worn valve guide issue. THAT was adressed in December '13 with new heads and cam. I did have worn valve guides and we caught it before total destruction occurred. :-)
I need this car to be ready to go for VIR in June. I know I'll feel confident to track the car again after it gets the ok from Phoenix Performance.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:34 AM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

I was there with Glenn the day all this went down, Joe was extremely generous with both his time and that of his mechanic Chris's time. We bought an '01 T2 (well T2 as of last year anyway) prep car from Joe over the winter and were running it for the first time and Joe checked in several times to see how we were doing with it and the '02 we also run. Great folks over there, you can count on the work they do.

And Oli Joe is driving a black C6GS these days with an LS7 under the hood. I know what the back of that thing looks like really well...
Old 05-30-2014, 09:43 AM
JRitt@essex
Supporting Vendor

Received 417 Likes on 271 Posts

Very nice! It's always refreshing to see a positive unsolicited post such as this, since many times people only post if they have a bad experience.

Good work Joe and crew.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:06 PM
Dan H.
Drifting

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Thank you for posting this up, I think it's super important to recognize people and companies when they do well. Far to many times people only post complaints and rants.

I'm glad to see their shop is only an hour or so from me, I'll have to stop in :o)
Old 05-31-2014, 01:38 AM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

I have been to the track several times with Joe and his Phoenix team. Joe and the whole team have always been very gracious and helpful. At the Runoffs one year I was having big trouble with my car and they went out of there way to have one of their drivers grab some parts and drive extra fast to the track so that I could qualify and race.

Other times I have seen him supporting other racers in person or even over the phone to California from Pennsylvania.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:17 AM
cleanerPA
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While I never have had the pleasure of being on the track with Joe and his crew, I can say that they run a top-notch shop. I've had my C6 over at Phoenix for an ABS issue, which they figured out and fixed, something that the local dealer could not do and would have cost me 3-4x more when they reached the same conclusion.

Having a real shop that does a real diagnosis rather than just throwing parts at a problem distinguishes a place like Phoenix Performance from a typical mechanic. I also liked that they actually listened to the customer and used that information to help solve the issue. Kudos to Joe Aquilante and his team.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:51 AM
ezrider4u2
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default 2nd that comment on Phoenix...

I drive just about an hour to them as they have always treated me right, facilities are top notch. Joe and team are a class act. They have done my hubs, bolts, RD radiator, rear end leak, etc,etc.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:52 AM
spdislife
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by db2xpert
Always done a great job for me too !!
A first rate shop

Get notified of new replies

To Kudos 2 Phoenix Performance

Quick Reply: Kudos 2 Phoenix Performance