Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCCA Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 01:31 PM
huskerhank
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SCCA Question

I am hoping somebody can answer this question here. After reading thru the SCCA rules book. I found that for a 2003 Z06 you can run a GM T1 suspension in the T2 class. I have Pfadt coilovers and sway bars. Are these not legal? I am guessing they are not. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:37 PM
andy3101
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You can run in scca t1 now with the Pfadt stuff. Beware all the engine restrictors etc with scca. The old t1 class for which gm made "t1" parts is now classed in scca as T2

If you want to run in T2 (which is more stock class than T1) you will need to convert back to gm suspension. Also beware of bushings as T2 has restrictions on those as well.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:04 PM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 205 Likes on 161 Posts

Not legal. You need to get T1 sways or stock. You can run the CO shocks just need to put T1 or stock springs back on. So that's a cost. It will also cost you to upgrade for T1. Costs could be similar so the question is do you want to go faster or slower. The guys running T1 also dabble in GT2 so there is another class. The problem is the splitters keep getting ripped off the cars and even the supporting parts of the splitters get damaged not just ripping off splitters from off road excursions. So leave the road and its an automatic $500 bucks. The T2 cars are bullit proof but they keep trying to slow us down and give advantages to the mustang. Unfortunately, you will have to wait until october runoffs to get the reality of car parity. If you are thinking T2 you might be better off in NASA ST3 with your set-up. That might be your cheapest class to enter. I would decide based on the class size participation in your area. I was T1 until they killed our class then brought our class back, the gave us T1-LP. I just said the heck with it and T2 was the minimum effort for me.

Carl
C5Z06 #88 SCCA T2
Old 06-06-2014, 10:09 PM
troyguitar
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

NASA ST3 is kind of nice in that you can run stock hp and stock aero, but having infinite options for suspension/chassis/brakes seems like it could cost a lot more than SCCA T2.
Old 06-06-2014, 10:48 PM
huskerhank
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, I just want to make sure I did not misunderstand. I cannot run T2 with them but NOW I can run T1?
Old 06-07-2014, 02:30 AM
CP Thunder
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes....but you need a ton more than coilovers and bars to run anywhere near the top of T1......

The Vettes are running full on aero packages....big brakes....gears.....cams......

$$$$

T1-LP is a T2 car without weight and restrictor.

Get notified of new replies

To SCCA Question

Quick Reply: SCCA Question