Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mini review of the smartycam hd gp bullet cam..

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 04:56 PM
w00tw00t
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default mini review of the smartycam hd gp bullet cam..

Thought I'd post up a quick mini review of the smartycam hd gp camera I got from Richard @ M-World (Thanks Richard!).

The bullet cam and control unit themselves are solid metal and extremely durable and well built. Easy to install in my car. The harness *finally* comes with an integrated mic. I split the mic part of the cable and extended the harness so I can run the mic all the way back to my exhaust. Its a bit of a hack job but it worked. Video quality is pretty great, sound is awesome and telemetry/setup is easy. Love this cam and I finally have an integrated camera/telemetry solution that I really like and basically *just works* every time without fiddling with any settings.

here's a session I did at the Ridge this Friday. not my fastest laps that day but you get the idea..

In the video you can see the control unit mounted on the right side of my head-unit. Also note for those wondering about my brake pressure - that because sadly the Z06 doesn't send brake pressure data, only throttle pos. The Smartycam HDGP is connected to my Evo4 data logger and MXL dash!

]Woot's
Old 11-06-2014, 12:15 AM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by w00tw00t
Thought I'd post up a quick mini review of the smartycam hd gp camera I got from Richard @ M-World (Thanks Richard!).

The bullet cam and control unit themselves are solid metal and extremely durable and well built. Easy to install in my car. The harness *finally* comes with an integrated mic. I split the mic part of the cable and extended the harness so I can run the mic all the way back to my exhaust. Its a bit of a hack job but it worked. Video quality is pretty great, sound is awesome and telemetry/setup is easy. Love this cam and I finally have an integrated camera/telemetry solution that I really like and basically *just works* every time without fiddling with any settings.

here's a session I did at the Ridge this Friday. not my fastest laps that day but you get the idea..

In the video you can see the control unit mounted on the right side of my head-unit. Also note for those wondering about my brake pressure - that because sadly the Z06 doesn't send brake pressure data, only throttle pos. The Smartycam HDGP is connected to my Evo4 data logger and MXL dash!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgQakir2JGM&hd=1
Now that you have lived with this for a while.... What are your current thoughts on the system? How do you like the video quality? I am seriously condpsidering ordering one , np but I am concerned about the video quality.

Charley

Quick Reply: mini review of the smartycam hd gp bullet cam..