Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MGW shifter

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 11:21 AM
z060ntrack
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MGW shifter

Who has had a good experience with the MGW shifter? Aslo, are you using the delrin shaft shifter ****, and if so, what length?
Old 06-09-2014, 12:12 PM
Scooter70
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

I really like my MGW. I replaces an older model that was in the car when I bought it with the latest model shifter and billet box a year or so ago. Now I think the only way that you can get them is with the box. It's definitely a lot better than stock. I use their Race ****. I tried a short delrin one but didn't like it and went back to the MGW Race ****.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:07 PM
gongo
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put in the short shifter and lower billet box from MGWa few months back and I love it! Makes a big difference and feels much better. No notchiness so I haven't done the antivenom mod. It took me about 2 hours to do and I have no wrenching experience. I already had the center console off anyway for the installation of the PAC Audio iSimple ISGM655 bluetooth and USB module.
I say do it!
Old 06-09-2014, 03:27 PM
Bad Karma
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I just installed the new MGW with the billet lower this winter and I have to say the feel is very nice. Positive feedback, no vague feeling to any of the gear selections. I went with the race **** and really like the way that feels compared to my previous ball style shift ***** (now I need to sell my Hurst ball, haha).

It is not cheap, but I'm happy with my purchase.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:11 PM
Larry Myers
Burning Brakes

Received 82 Likes on 78 Posts

I have the MGW shifter and lower box with the OEM ****. By far the best shifter I've had on any car.

Highly recommended.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:19 PM
z060ntrack
Drifting

Is the MGW Race **** and new shifter box higher than the OEM shifter ****? MGW says it's only 3.25" high
Old 06-10-2014, 02:58 AM
gongo
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The shifter box doesn't change the height of the ****. I'm using the OEM **** and the height is about the same, maybe slightly lower. The reduction in throw feels more than the advertised 30%.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:34 AM
Hat_Trick_Hokie
Racer

I am really pleased with the MGW shifter I have in my C5. Shorter throws, and the heavy return spring give you confidence knowing what gear you're going into. I like they kept a similar stock height, so you're not reaching too far down for the ****.

No comment about the delrin ****, as I am using a stock C5 shift ****.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:27 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

I have the delrin **** with my MGW. I like it a lot. Plenty of confidence in shifts. Some people have to guess where reverse is though. I originally had the short shaft, which made for quick shifts, but it was too hard for my wife to shift. So I replaced with the longer shaft from MGW for more leverage. The shifts are still pretty tight and precise. However, the wife is much happier and comfortable now with the longer shaft.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:45 AM
Bad Karma
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I would say shifter height is about the same with the race ****; any difference I really don't notice.

Get notified of new replies

To MGW shifter

Quick Reply: MGW shifter