Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What size nut goes on the eccentric bolts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 12:00 PM
StreetSpeed
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Default What size nut goes on the eccentric bolts?

Folks,

Well after I had my very lousy alignment done my rear left eccentric nut came loose while headed through West Bend at Limerock at about 80mph. Car went off track and I saved it before we found the wall at the start of the downhill. I have it all on RaceKeeper, just need to figure how to get the video out of that program and make a normal video file.

So, I don't think the dude tightened the eccentric nuts quite enough, but someone also told me these nuts should be replaced after a couple uses. Does anyone know what size they are? Are they the NyLok nuts with the nylon inserts? I'll just order some nice ones from McMaster Carr and they'll be here tomorrow as opposed to ordering them from the dealer, cost 4 times more and take a week to get in. Getting the car realigned on Tuesday hopefully by someone who knows what they're doing. Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by StreetSpeed; 06-12-2014 at 12:02 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:10 PM
k24556
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 205 Likes on 171 Posts

I think it is 14x2.5 metric and it is a locking nut as I recall. gm # 11516382
Old 06-12-2014, 05:57 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by StreetSpeed
Folks,

Well after I had my very lousy alignment done my rear left eccentric nut came loose while headed through West Bend at Limerock at about 80mph. Car went off track and I saved it before we found the wall at the start of the downhill. I have it all on RaceKeeper, just need to figure how to get the video out of that program and make a normal video file.

So, I don't think the dude tightened the eccentric nuts quite enough, but someone also told me these nuts should be replaced after a couple uses. Does anyone know what size they are? Are they the NyLok nuts with the nylon inserts? I'll just order some nice ones from McMaster Carr and they'll be here tomorrow as opposed to ordering them from the dealer, cost 4 times more and take a week to get in. Getting the car realigned on Tuesday hopefully by someone who knows what they're doing. Thanks in advance for your help.
I could be wrong, but when I took mine off I think they were those "squash" nuts.

My kit came with nylock which I have reused a few times.

Get notified of new replies

To What size nut goes on the eccentric bolts?

Quick Reply: What size nut goes on the eccentric bolts?