Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C4 power steering cooler

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 09:28 AM
emptnest
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Default C4 power steering cooler

I am prepping a newly acquired 1993 C4 for track duty. It is equipped with the Z07 performance package, which I understand includes a power steering cooler. Being a new owner, I have no idea how the cooler is installed or how it's hose(s) is (are) routed.

I have read recommendations that the power steering hose should be upgraded to braided stainless steel, much like the more common brake hose upgrade.

Should I perform this upgrade? And if so, due to the PS cooler, do I need only one, or two hoses?

Thanks
Old 06-20-2014, 11:14 AM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

If your car has the PS cooler it will be located along the front cross memeber. It looks just like a radiator only much smaller. You'll want the upgraded line, I had mine fail twice. You only need one line, the high pressure line from the pump to the rack. It's not a tough change, but the attachments are hard to get to so you have to excercise patience...and turn the wrench like 1 degree each time.

I think I have one of the hoses if you need it. I'll check and let you know.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:30 AM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

You can see the power steering cooler in this picture. It is hanging down in the front.

Old 06-21-2014, 09:59 PM
93Rubie
Safety Car

Received 185 Likes on 129 Posts

I agree get the DRM braided stainless steel power steering line. I had 2 failures of OEM type replacements in 1 month. The hoses did not fail, the o-rings did. Evidently not up to the higher rpm's. NO issues with the DRM hose.
Old 09-19-2015, 10:51 AM
bangorgreg
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where can i purchase these breaded lines and rings? I have just had my rack rebuilt and fluid is coming out of the top of the fluid canister. My car is strictly track use, only.

also need instructions advice on ducting the brakes

thanks
Old 09-20-2015, 08:52 AM
jaa1992
Le Mans Master

Location: Life is just one big track event. Everything before and after is prep and warm-up and cool-down laps GA
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by bangorgreg
where can i purchase these breaded lines and rings? I have just had my rack rebuilt and fluid is coming out of the top of the fluid canister. My car is strictly track use, only.

also need instructions advice on ducting the brakes

thanks
A year old thread??????

DRM = Doug Rippie Motorsports, look em up

Brake ducting - do a search, lots of pictures out there

Get notified of new replies

To C4 power steering cooler

Quick Reply: C4 power steering cooler