Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone run Sumitomo HTR Z for HPDE?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 04:32 PM
Chris Edwards
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Default Anyone run Sumitomo HTR Z for HPDE?

Just curious if anyone has used these tires for HPDE's. I know they will come nowhere close to an R compound or scrub, but I'm just wondering how they would do if driven to the track, tracked, and driven home. I suppose they will get gooey?
Old 06-20-2014, 04:48 PM
troyguitar
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I ran the HTR ZIII last year on my Audi for one day at Pocono. They're fine, just slow. If they come in your sizes there is no better bargain for a street tire right now. Only r-comps or "extreme" summer tires will be much faster.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:04 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

I ran some at Fontana (roval) and they were also fine / just slow. It was a PCA event so I would distance myself from most of the pack on the straight & they would take it back on the corners.

I would not do it again, maybe NT05's or something else.

Old 06-23-2014, 11:34 AM
GeneT
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lxcoupe
Just curious if anyone has used these tires for HPDE's. I know they will come nowhere close to an R compound or scrub, but I'm just wondering how they would do if driven to the track, tracked, and driven home. I suppose they will get gooey?
I have the HTR Z11's, and while they are a good and inexpensive summer street tire, the aren't very sticky for autocross.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone run Sumitomo HTR Z for HPDE?

Quick Reply: Anyone run Sumitomo HTR Z for HPDE?