Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lodging Options for Lime Rock

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 03:25 PM
Dan H.
Drifting

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Default Lodging Options for Lime Rock

You guys had great feedback and options for Watkins Glen. I am going to another event at Lime Rock in August with another Porsche Group. When I search the closest hotels appear to be an hour away which seems far for 7am tech.

Do they allow you to camp there at DE's? I asked the question to the registrar and haven't received an answer yet.

Totally separate topic
Where are the Corvette events??? There were a couple corvettes at the glen, and a couple at the SCCA PDX event I went to. Is there a Driver School event or group where corvettes are the majority and I can compare some C5 notes with others? I feel like PCA has a lot of options, don't see our brand flag to much on the motorsportsreg.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:15 PM
cleanerPA
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure others will give you specific names of places, because I can't for the life of me remember any right now, but there are quite a few places within about 10 minutes of LRP. I don't think you can camp there at all, I've never heard of that.

You may have to search for "bed and breakfast" as most of the lodging options in the area are of that variety.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:29 PM
L82Brake
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 101 Posts

click here:

http://www.limerock.com/index.php?op...=123&Itemid=82

All rights and one left, but a ton of fun.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:29 PM
Dan H.
Drifting

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Thanks guys.
A B&B is a bit ore than I want to pay. I booked a marriott in Danbury using points, so I'll do the hour drive in the morning.

Summit Point lets you camp at the track, helps with the overall trip costs
Old 07-02-2014, 08:24 AM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,029 Likes on 1,315 Posts

I know you already have a room, and it's hard to beat free, but for next time here are a few other options.

The closest hotel to Lime Rock Park, is the Interlaken Resort, which is only about 4 miles away. The Interlaken is beautiful, but expensive with even midweek rates starting at around $300 a night. Morgan's, the restaurant at the Interlaken, is very good. The Interlaken was always a favorite of Paul Newmans, when he was racing at LRP, and there are many pictures of him and his cars, in the hotel.

About a half hour north, is Great Barrington MA. Great Barrington has a number of chain hotels, including a Holiday Inn Express, Days Inn, and a Comfort Inn, plus quit a few smaller private hotels and inns. There are a number of good restaurants, pubs and cafes in Great Barrington.

Torrington CT has a Days Inn, and a Quality Inn, plus assorted other small hotels and inns. Torrington is about a half hour southeast of LRP, and has some very good restaurants too.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:43 AM
12zo
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Torrington Days Inn and Quality Inn.
20+ minute ride but half the local LRP cost.
Call the track about camping.
I've seen a few park in the field just outside the first sign-in stop, so on the LRP road but not into the track area yet.
I was just at the NEQ Audi Club NJMP event.
There was at least five Vettes there, they allow any makes.
They have two WGI events, a Thompson and a MCTB event this year still.
Www.neqclub.org.
SCDA is another club you will see more Vettes at.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:14 PM
TKOGTO
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Danbury is way too far away for an early tech so I'll second the Torrington options above. Reasonably priced and it's a great drive to the track through nice country roads. Keep the radar detector on while on Route 4 and/or 7. I don't see them often but others seem to.

I know the track allows camping but am pretty sure it's just for race weekends not HPDE's.

Also plenty of 'Vettes, C4s through C7s @ SCDA events @ LRP.

Get notified of new replies

To Lodging Options for Lime Rock

Quick Reply: Lodging Options for Lime Rock