Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camber Kits

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 01:10 PM
BmoreRnsDeep
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

Default Camber Kits

I have a question about purchasing a camber kit. I have a 03 ZO6 and the van steel kits say "steel frame". Is this the wrong kit to buy? If so what is the right one and do I need the upper and lower?
Thanks for any help,
Zach
Old 07-10-2014, 03:05 PM
Miguel S
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I just bought this kit myself. You want the steel frame option as opposed to the C6 Z06 Aluminum frame kit. I bought both the upper and lower kit, which provides studs for the upper control arms that replace the stock bolts. This allows camber/castor adjustments on the top arms (setting the bottoms and leaving them with the lockouts) and not having to worry about cross threading the bolts into the frame each time you change the settings (assuming you are using the supplied washers). Hope this helps.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:25 PM
Chris Edwards
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

How are you guys adjusting caster up front? I have the Hardbar kit installed front and rear and I was also wondering if there is any way to adjust camber in the rear, or is it officially locked once the camber blocks are installed?
Old 07-10-2014, 09:20 PM
morris
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

You adjust the camber with the shims or small washers connected to the control arms on top. Just add or remove washers from the studs behind the control arm.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:00 AM
blkbrd69
Drifting

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

Never heard of anyone adjusting castor in the rear?

shims on front studs.

Last edited by blkbrd69; 07-15-2014 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Way late got to thinking castor?
Old 07-11-2014, 08:23 AM
BmoreRnsDeep
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

Default just ordered

Originally Posted by Miguel S
I just bought this kit myself. You want the steel frame option as opposed to the C6 Z06 Aluminum frame kit. I bought both the upper and lower kit, which provides studs for the upper control arms that replace the stock bolts. This allows camber/castor adjustments on the top arms (setting the bottoms and leaving them with the lockouts) and not having to worry about cross threading the bolts into the frame each time you change the settings (assuming you are using the supplied washers). Hope this helps.
Thank you Miguel,
I just placed an order for the Van Steel alignment kit, top and bottom. I hope its here in time for my appointment with Phoenix Performance. It will be awesome to have the car set up by professionals.
Zach
Old 07-11-2014, 11:42 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,927 Likes on 5,332 Posts

Originally Posted by blkbrd69
Never heard of anyone adjusting camber in the rear?

shims on front studs.
With the C6Z it is easy to adjust rear camber. The UCAs are mounted the same way the front UCAs are mounted.

Bill
Old 07-11-2014, 11:52 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,927 Likes on 5,332 Posts

Originally Posted by lxcoupe
How are you guys adjusting caster up front? I have the Hardbar kit installed front and rear and I was also wondering if there is any way to adjust camber in the rear, or is it officially locked once the camber blocks are installed?
Depending on which kit you have there are several ways to adjust front caster/camber. The camber plates can be installed two different ways which can provide a camber/caster baseline that you can fine tune with shims behind the UCAs. To increase caster you set the rear LCA plate so the bolt is all the way to the outside and you set the front LCA plate so the bolt is all the way inward. Depending on the kit and how many bolt holes there are and where the bolt holes are located in the plate you can get around -1.5 camber and over +10 caster just using the plates with the LCAs. Then you have adjustments you can make at the UCAs which will reduce camber but can reduce/increase caster. A lot of options depending on what you want to do.

I had the Pfadt plates installed and then went with the Van Steel Plates. For the track I push the bolt holes all the way out and for the street I loosen the bolts flip the plates so the bolt holes are inward and thus get a minimal camber for tire wear, etc.

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To Camber Kits

Quick Reply: Camber Kits