Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RTD SIM issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 02:56 PM
rsalco
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RTD SIM issue

A little help here.......

'11 Z06 with CCB's. I've swapped out the stock Z07 suspension with GM's T1 race set up which doesn't use the original Selective Ride Control magna-electronic shocks. RTD sims are used to keep the ECU happy in place of the SRC shocks' sensors.

I'm having an issue with brake heat melting the sims which then causes the ECU to throw a "service active handling" fault message and to restrict speed. Anyone have this issue arise and if so, fix...? A lot of brake is used running at the 'Glen and these things are a PIA to change, especially the rear ones.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by rsalco; 07-10-2014 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:56 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Just an idea, can you run some wires & move the sims away from the heat a little bit?

Old 07-11-2014, 06:55 AM
rsalco
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by froggy47
Just an idea, can you run some wires & move the sims away from the heat a little bit?

Don't think so; at least not the rear ones. And it's very difficult/impossible to wrap them with insulating tape. I was kinda hoping someone would know of a vendor other than Casper which made the sims in a different material, perhaps ceramic, in place of plastic.

Thanks for the input.

Get notified of new replies

To RTD SIM issue

Quick Reply: RTD SIM issue