Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racing T1 Brakes for C5

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 04:53 PM
JRitt@essex
Supporting Vendor

Received 417 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Razodo
JRitt, what brake ducts do your recommend to use with your brake kit?
On my '03 Z06 I ran DRM and LG Motorsports combination of duct components and they worked great.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:59 PM
JRitt@essex
Supporting Vendor

JeremyGSU, why aren't you considering adding the AP rear kit rather than going to a whole different setup? Shouldn't that help with rate of use of rotors and pads? It would be interesting to hear from somebody that's running the sprint kit in all four corners. It is very appealing to share same rotors and pads in all four corners.
We just introduced our new rear Sprint Kit this week...nobody is going to give you feedback on it yet...it's only on one car so far...sorry!
Old 08-08-2014, 05:19 PM
Razodo
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JRitt@essex
We just introduced our new rear Sprint Kit this week...nobody is going to give you feedback on it yet...it's only on one car so far...sorry!
Buy a front kit get 50% off the rear kit?
Old 08-08-2014, 06:20 PM
JRitt@essex
Supporting Vendor

Buy a front kit get 50% off the rear kit?
You know..you got me thinking. I may just offer an introductory special on the new Sprint rear setup. It won't be 1/2 price though, unless you want us to be out of business by this time next year and not offering any spares or support! :p
Old 08-08-2014, 10:57 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Redtopz, good info, thanks. Do you know if a rear brake kit is allowed or you need to keep rear calipers stock?
Yes you can run 4 piston calipers in back for T2 and T1.
Old 08-09-2014, 04:37 AM
Captain Z
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many thanks for your info. Huge dilemma for me. I feel that the AP Racing kit will do just fine for me right now, but I fear that in a year or so I'll be in the exact same situation as JeremyGSU. I'm in Miami, mostly track at homestead and I do 6 to 8 track days at Sebring. Sebring destroys brakes. Gone through rotors in one day, pads in 2, melted piston to the pad once, and I'm not nearly as fast as some of the other guys out there. Homestead is not nearly as bad on brakes as Sebring.

It would be ideal for me to get a front kit that I then can complement with a rear kit, if needed. From the research that I've done the guys that are getting great rotor and pad life on their stoptech, they have them in all four corners. Yet to hear from somebody that has st40 in the front only, and st60 only in the front I hear can change your brake bias. Besides, the difference in cost of pads between ST60 and Essex AP Sprints is big, doesn't make much economic sense.

Hi Razodo;

I would be interested in selling my T1 brake kit to you at a good price. I have a slightly used kit for front which has seen only HALF of one track day and some very light street use. The calipers and discs are virtually new with little to no wear seen. I have two sets of pads that I will throw into the deal that are almost new as well. I don't have pics as the car is in the shop in Louisiana getting a new engine build, but I may be able to get my builder to take a few pictures to send to me.

Cost is 2K for everything.

Kit works great in my very limited experience, but am now upgrading my power with the new build. I have a C6Z06 (close to 700 rear wheel). Running on a long straight at high speed. Am wanting to upgrade to the endurance kit for the zo6.

Let me know if I can help. thanks
Old 08-09-2014, 10:02 PM
Razodo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Captain Z
Hi Razodo;

I would be interested in selling my T1 brake kit to you at a good price.
Interested. Not sure if the kit for C6 works for the C5 Z06. Sending you a PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:25 AM
JeremyGSU
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

JeremyGSU, why aren't you considering adding the AP rear kit rather than going to a whole different setup? Shouldn't that help with rate of use of rotors and pads? It would be interesting to hear from somebody that's running the sprint kit in all four corners. It is very appealing to share same rotors and pads in all four corners.
I just said if I had to do it all over again I would have gone with Stoptech. I'm not planning on doing anything with my brakes at this time.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:56 AM
StreetSpeed
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Had the same problems as you before I switched to the AP kit last July. Haven't changed a rotor since and I've probably got 20 something days on them. Car stops perfectly every time you hit the pedal, while with the stock brakes I said a little prayer at the end of every fast straight. I am an instructor, so some TT, and will be W2W next season.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:08 PM
Razodo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by StreetSpeed
...while with the stock brakes I said a little prayer at the end of every fast straight.
That's exactly how I feel!

Thanks for sharing your experience with AP Racing sprint kit. Can you share how many track days where you getting from oem rotors? How about brake pads?
Old 08-10-2014, 11:34 PM
Razodo
Intermediate

Interested to hear from guys that have used this:

Wilwood SL6R - on paper they seem very similar to the AP sprint kit and much cheaper. http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/Bra...mno=140-8031-R

Wilwood AERO6 - These are 6 pistons with bigger rotors and also for less than the AP Racing sprint kit. http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/Bra...no=140-10163-R
Old 08-11-2014, 02:53 PM
StreetSpeed
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

That's exactly how I feel!

Thanks for sharing your experience with AP Racing sprint kit. Can you share how many track days where you getting from oem rotors? How about brake pads?
I'd get two days on Centric rotors before they'd crack. I wouldn't run pads more than 6 days depending on the track. That was with Carbotechs. I now run the Ferrodo DS11 that Essex sells and will get a couple more days out of the pads, but they're cheap and my rotors last forever so I keep using them.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:16 PM
REVHARD
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm interested in the Sprint kit also for my 03 Z. Does this kit bolt up to the beffier ZR1 front Knuckles with out issues? Also, does this kit clear 18" CCW Classics as I've searched and could not locate a definite answer even though I have seen maybe 1 photo of these brakes behind that particular wheel.

I'd really be interested in an introductory sale price for the 6 pot front and 4 pot rear. If it's a screaming deal I may pull the trigger even though it's more than I really need just doing HPDE's.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:11 PM
Razodo
Intermediate

I think I read in another thread that JeremyGSU is running ZR1 knuckles with his AP Racing brake kit. Would be interested to see if he had any fitment issues.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:49 AM
JeremyGSU
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

I think I read in another thread that JeremyGSU is running ZR1 knuckles with his AP Racing brake kit. Would be interested to see if he had any fitment issues.
Bolted right up. I have not run them on track yet however to see if there any major changes.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:11 PM
Razodo
Intermediate

This recently arrived at my door step:

I went with the Essex AP Racing Sprint kit. Will run them at Sebring in two weeks.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:47 PM
CP Thunder
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The TCS for T2 C5s say you can run two piece steel rotors and aluminum hats UP TO 5% larger than 340/330. That to me says you can run the 355 kit.......

Damn.....I don't have a lawyer so I'm probably wrong.....again.....LOL

Get notified of new replies

To Racing T1 Brakes for C5

Old 08-27-2014, 09:54 PM
tytek
Gasoline Addict
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Anyone have any feedback on Alcon TA4 front calipers?
Old 08-28-2014, 08:57 AM
KNSBrakes
Supporting Vendor

Received 362 Likes on 284 Posts

We put the finishing touches on our Wilwood Forged Superlite 6 Piston Kit.

-20mm thick pads for the new Forged SL6
-2 piece DBA rotors
-SS lines

Will work with OEM rotors
Replacement Rings are only $150/each
Fits stock C5Z wheels if you use 2 piece rotors

Last edited by KNSBrakes; 08-28-2014 at 09:01 AM.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:26 AM
RDnomorecobra
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

need a spacer if using the 18" c5z wheels on the front?

Quick Reply: Racing T1 Brakes for C5