Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NASCAR K&N Series at VIR

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 08:36 PM
jcsperson
Team Owner

Received 745 Likes on 429 Posts
NC Events Coordinator

Default NASCAR K&N Series at VIR

NASCAR K&N Pro Series Biscuitville 125, Sat, Aug 16th.

Anyone going?
Old 08-09-2014, 08:45 AM
naschmitz
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Yup. Will be there for the Tudor races the next weekend too.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:10 PM
jcsperson
Team Owner

NC Events Coordinator

Bert,

I usually set up around the little hill overlooking turns 4 to 5. I'll have a pop-up set up there. Drop by and say hello.

Martin
Old 08-10-2014, 05:06 AM
naschmitz
Burning Brakes

Will do, Martin. Last year nascar had a platform set up there for the spotters. A little elevation there and you can see almost half the track.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:30 AM
Quick 06
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll be in the Bill Black Chevrolet area on the hill overlooking turn 6. Hope to meet some of you guys from the forum.

Roy K.
Old 08-16-2014, 10:41 PM
jcsperson
Team Owner

NC Events Coordinator

Was anyone else there?

I set up overlooking turn 5 near the flatbed the spotters were standing on, but a NASCAR official came and made me move my pop-up. They didn't want any obstructions in their line of sight, but I was there two hours and not one of them complained that I was obstructing their view during the practice sessions. I moved over to turn four and watched Qualifying and the race from there.

Overall, it was a little disappointing. The late model cars failed to show up and there were only three cars. They should schedule a V8 Stockcar Series race in conjunction with the K&N race. This year's K&N field was smaller than last year's and there was too much overly-aggressive driving which resulted in a number of wrecks that ended up cutting the field considerably. I think there were three red flags which made a 125-mile race seem like the 24 hours of Le Mans. I guess I shouldn't complain too much considering tickets were $10.

The crowd was way different than most races at VIR. NASCAR fans bring NOTHING to the races. Unlike the roadracing fans who brought pop-ups, coolers and the kitchen sink, they just sat out in the grass in the blazing sun or huddled on VIR's tiny bleachers. A few brought chairs and not much else. They left a ton of litter. Overall, a pretty strange day at the track.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:49 AM
naschmitz
Burning Brakes

I walked through the area looking for you guys during NASCAR qualifying. Several pop ups between turns 4 and 5 but none had anything that looked like I should introduce myself. I watched the race from the Pavilion with other VIR Club Members where they had a buffet lunch, cash bar, and a good view of several hard hits into the tires in turn 3 aka NASCAR Bend.

Best part of the race was before the mandatory pit stop when the leaders tires started to fall off with lots of passing in and through Turn 1.

The SE Late Model Stock Car organization was a big disappointment. I guess a couple crashed out in practice so they and a few others put their tails between their legs and ran home, leaving three cars to "compete." Each was a full second a lap quicker than the other so there was no passing just growing gaps. So they moved the SpecRaceAtom series to the slot before the K&N race.

Sorry I missed you guys. Will you be there Sunday for Tudor PC and GT races?
Old 08-17-2014, 11:10 AM
jcsperson
Team Owner

NC Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by naschmitz
I walked through the area looking for you guys during NASCAR qualifying. Several pop ups between turns 4 and 5 but none had anything that looked like I should introduce myself. I watched the race from the Pavilion with other VIR Club Members where they had a buffet lunch, cash bar, and a good view of several hard hits into the tires in turn 3 aka NASCAR Bend.

Best part of the race was before the mandatory pit stop when the leaders tires started to fall off with lots of passing in and through Turn 1.

The SE Late Model Stock Car organization was a big disappointment. I guess a couple crashed out in practice so they and a few others put their tails between their legs and ran home, leaving three cars to "compete." Each was a full second a lap quicker than the other so there was no passing just growing gaps. So they moved the SpecRaceAtom series to the slot before the K&N race.

Sorry I missed you guys. Will you be there Sunday for Tudor PC and GT races?
I guess I shoulda mentioned I have an olive green pop-up. You must've walked right past me. I was basically looking right down the straight chute between 3 and 4.

I'll definitely be there Sunday. Because of the hospitality tents on the hill, I usually set up somewhere overlooking 6A to the bridge.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:31 AM
naschmitz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jcsperson
I guess I shoulda mentioned I have an olive green pop-up. You must've walked right past me. I was basically looking right down the straight chute between 3 and 4.

I'll definitely be there Sunday. Because of the hospitality tents on the hill, I usually set up somewhere overlooking 6A to the bridge.
Sent you a PM with my mobile number so we can connect on Sunday.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:33 AM
jcsperson
Team Owner

NC Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by naschmitz
Sent you a PM with my mobile number so we can connect on Sunday.
Replied.

Get notified of new replies

To NASCAR K&N Series at VIR

Quick Reply: NASCAR K&N Series at VIR