Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brey Krause Lap Belt mounts and Daytona seats

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 09:14 AM
Phoenix1911
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Brey Krause Lap Belt mounts and Daytona seats

I have recently acquired a Brey Krause harness bar and an now exploring options for the lap belt mounts. Does anyone have any experience with the Brey Krause lap belt mounts and Caravaggio Daytona seats? Specifically the short versions of the mounts?

http://www.bkauto.com/R_9121_Short_L...6_p/r-9121.htm

Or even if you have had success with the regular 'long' versions of the mounts with the Daytona seats I'd like to hear about it, thanks!!
Old 08-08-2014, 09:57 PM
smellya
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Phoenix1911
I have recently acquired a Brey Krause harness bar and an now exploring options for the lap belt mounts. Does anyone have any experience with the Brey Krause lap belt mounts and Caravaggio Daytona seats? Specifically the short versions of the mounts?

http://www.bkauto.com/R_9121_Short_L...6_p/r-9121.htm

Or even if you have had success with the regular 'long' versions of the mounts with the Daytona seats I'd like to hear about it, thanks!!
The long ones work on the drivers side. The passengers side hits the tunnel and does not work well at all.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:20 PM
Phoenix1911
Instructor

Originally Posted by smellya
The long ones work on the drivers side. The passengers side hits the tunnel and does not work well at all.
Do you know if the short ones could probably work on the drivers side, and possibly fix the passenger side issue, or make it worse.

Your car? Any pictures?

thanks!
Old 08-09-2014, 12:25 AM
smellya
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Phoenix1911
Do you know if the short ones could probably work on the drivers side, and possibly fix the passenger side issue, or make it worse.

Your car? Any pictures?

thanks!

I can take some tomorrow. I only have the drivers side installed. Since they stick out around a inch. That is the problem with them. I would just do a vetteworks mount behind the seat. It maybe more money but worth less of a headache. I am going to take out the daytona seats and put some racetech seats in after I recover from my tr6060 upgrade.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:34 PM
Phoenix1911
Instructor

Originally Posted by smellya
I can take some tomorrow. I only have the drivers side installed. Since they stick out around a inch. That is the problem with them. I would just do a vetteworks mount behind the seat. It maybe more money but worth less of a headache. I am going to take out the daytona seats and put some racetech seats in after I recover from my tr6060 upgrade.
The BK mounts seem to draw the lap belts across the hips at the proper angle, can anyone attest to the Vetteworks lap mount piece doing the same? From the pictures it looks like it sits too far back so the belts pull back more than down?
Old 08-09-2014, 07:10 PM
smellya
Burning Brakes

This is how tight it is on the drivers side. If you move your seat a lot. Still not a good option...

Old 08-09-2014, 09:16 PM
Phoenix1911
Instructor

Thanks for the pictures. Hmmm, and the angle isn't adjustable, they need to be at that angle when the belt buckle is put back on?

Do you think the angle with the Vetteworks one is good?
Old 08-10-2014, 12:03 AM
smellya
Burning Brakes

The vetteworks is the one that I have been looking at. I am going with a racetech seat. The Daytona really is not a track seat. I think as long as it secure it will hold up in a accident. I also have a 10 point cage in my z06.

Get notified of new replies

To Brey Krause Lap Belt mounts and Daytona seats

Quick Reply: Brey Krause Lap Belt mounts and Daytona seats