Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 alignment for track day

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 09:54 AM
sandu002
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default C7 alignment for track day

I am wondering if it is worthwhile to change per owners manual the alignment for a track day? I am an intermediate skill driver and this will be the first time I have put the C7 on track.
I will have fluids changed and install the hub rings and run stock tires and pads. I expect to have to replace the pads after the event.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:09 PM
savage
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 89 Posts
Default contact patch= FUN!

Originally Posted by sandu002
I am wondering if it is worthwhile to change per owners manual the alignment for a track day? I am an intermediate skill driver and this will be the first time I have put the C7 on track.
I will have fluids changed and install the hub rings and run stock tires and pads. I expect to have to replace the pads after the event.
change it to at least the manual numbers, at first i only went halfway(alignment) and at pocono wore the front tires on the outsde edge ugly!! and had little turn in(grip). i have come a long way sence then with my numbers thanks to froggy and a few other's on this forum. i dont want to get into them, but with all the( tow in) front and rear the manual track setting have you will have a safe day. GM did not take any chances with their numbers hurting anyone.

Quick Reply: C7 alignment for track day