Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pratt & Miller Corvette to Run WEC Like a Boss!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 07:48 PM
JonathonK
CorvetteForum Editor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pratt & Miller Corvette to Run WEC Like a Boss!

Leading up to my first-ever road race as an official journalist with real-life press credentials, you may start to see a few more articles geared toward it. Today I'm headed to Road America to cover the Continental Tire Road Race Showcase with the Tudor United Sportscar Championship (IMSA), and I will be detailing my experience on Monday, so stay tuned. First I begin with the Corvette works team and a potential third car being run.

The news comes from Sportscar365 who have heard rumblings that the Corvette works team of Pratt & Miller will be using its spare chassis; the one used for testing and development in the World Endurance Race at Circuit of the Americas in September. The race is set to be a double-header with the TUSC race taking place first, and then the WEC race right after.

Read the rest on the Corvette Forum homepage.
Old 08-09-2014, 03:51 AM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Thanks for posting!
Old 08-09-2014, 01:07 PM
skank
Melting Slicks

Received 1,156 Likes on 516 Posts

It will not surprise me one bit if the C7R dominates both Tudor and WEC at Austin. The Corvette was the dominate car at Le Mans this year and we've seen what it is doing to the Porsche factory effort of Core this year in Tudor.
Old 08-09-2014, 01:37 PM
acrace
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by skank
It will not surprise me one bit if the C7R dominates both Tudor and WEC at Austin. The Corvette was the dominate car at Le Mans this year and we've seen what it is doing to the Porsche factory effort of Core this year in Tudor.
I guess that I'm not as optimistic as you. Remember that the TUDOR BoP was changed before the Indianapolis round and the Ferrari and Vipers were fast there. But P & M seems to have had good strategy this year so we'll see . . .
Old 08-09-2014, 04:15 PM
93Polo
Team Owner

Received 368 Likes on 315 Posts
CI 3-4-5-9 Veteran

This could sway me into going. Remember WEC and Tudor are not the same. Would the C7R be running the same specs as it did at LM?

Get notified of new replies

To Pratt & Miller Corvette to Run WEC Like a Boss!

Quick Reply: Pratt & Miller Corvette to Run WEC Like a Boss!