Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removed AC on C5, what are you using to seal between the radiator and plastic shroud?

Old 08-26-2014, 06:13 AM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Removed AC on C5, what are you using to seal between the radiator and plastic shroud?

Like the title states, I no longer have AC in my c5z. The OEM condenser had a foam strips on it that sealed against the plastic shroud. Now that the AC condenser is gone, what do you recommend using to seal the radiator against the shroud?
Old 08-26-2014, 06:40 AM
GO_BLUE_VETTES
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by stevensa
Like the title states, I no longer have AC in my c5z. The OEM condenser had a foam strips on it that sealed against the plastic shroud. Now that the AC condenser is gone, what do you recommend using to seal the radiator against the shroud?
ABS plastic - just make a custom cardboard template that fits tight.

ABS plastic to seal off the gap to the radiator after removal of AC condensor.
The following users liked this post:
hmhaga (10-28-2020)
Old 08-28-2014, 09:12 AM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Perfect, thank you!

Get notified of new replies

To Removed AC on C5, what are you using to seal between the radiator and plastic shroud?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Removed AC on C5, what are you using to seal between the radiator and plastic shroud?