Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of Hardbar in C6?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 04:54 PM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

Received 108 Likes on 102 Posts
Default Pics of Hardbar in C6?

hi guys,

I'm in the market for a harness bar to put 5 point seat belts in my C6 and came across a good deal for a "HardBar" but it appears the company is out of business and I the only picture I found so far (for a C5) make it look like the stock seat belts don't really work with the hard bar. If this is the case I'll probably just go with the SharkBar or something.

anyone have any pics or insight?
thanks.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:34 PM
naschmitz
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by neverstop
hi guys,

I'm in the market for a harness bar to put 5 point seat belts in my C6 and came across a good deal for a "HardBar" but it appears the company is out of business and I the only picture I found so far (for a C5) make it look like the stock seat belts don't really work with the hard bar. If this is the case I'll probably just go with the SharkBar or something.

anyone have any pics or insight?
thanks.
Stock seat belts work just fine with the HardBar. The HardBar bolts into the should belt mounting locations
Old 09-08-2014, 09:39 PM
naschmitz
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

This link on the Hardbar site is still active, believe it or not.

http://hardbarusa.com/uploads/image/...%20C6v2(1).pdf
Old 09-11-2014, 12:44 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Hardbar is too high and too close to the seat back. That means the shoulder belt doesn't come across your shoulder at the proper angle unless you raise the seat as high as possible. The Sharkbar works better. It sits further to the rear than the Hardbar and is several inches lower than the Hardbar. I went from a Hardbar to the Sharkbar so my belts would come over my shoulder better and actually hold my HANS device on my shoulders.

I am attaching a picture showing a Sharkbar installed in a C6 Z. The red dot above the stock shoulder belt B pillar mount shows where the Hardbar mounts.

Bill

Last edited by Bill Dearborn; 09-11-2014 at 12:50 AM.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:40 AM
blkbrd69
Drifting

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
Hardbar is too high and too close to the seat back. That means the shoulder belt doesn't come across your shoulder at the proper angle unless you raise the seat as high as possible. The Sharkbar works better. It sits further to the rear than the Hardbar and is several inches lower than the Hardbar. I went from a Hardbar to the Sharkbar so my belts would come over my shoulder better and actually hold my HANS device on my shoulders.

I am attaching a picture showing a Sharkbar installed in a C6 Z. The red dot above the stock shoulder belt B pillar mount shows where the Hardbar mounts.

Bill
Same reason I went with a Sharkbar.
Attached Images  

Last edited by blkbrd69; 09-11-2014 at 01:55 AM.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:32 PM
db2xpert
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Same reason I had to switch from Hardbar.

Get notified of new replies

To Pics of Hardbar in C6?

Quick Reply: Pics of Hardbar in C6?