Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight delete

Old 09-08-2014, 07:45 PM
lefrog
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Headlight delete

I am looking at saving some more weight and looking at removing AC and front headlights from the car.
I'd like to just keep the headlight cover but not sure how to maintain it in place and how much pressure there will be on it at speed. What are my options?
Old 09-08-2014, 08:11 PM
brkntrxn
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Make some homemade brackets. Mine have been fine up to TraqMate verified 152mphz
Old 09-08-2014, 08:23 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

You can cut the bracket that the headlight mounts to quite a bit. Get rid of the motor and light. Basically, your just keeping the frame so the cover has something to mount to.

Steve
Old 09-08-2014, 09:29 PM
lefrog
Racer

Originally Posted by mountainbiker2
You can cut the bracket that the headlight mounts to quite a bit. Get rid of the motor and light. Basically, your just keeping the frame so the cover has something to mount to.
That looks like the easiest way to go. Thanks for the trick Steve!
If you have another picture with what you kept of the bracket on the car, I'd be interested to see it too.

Thanks again
manu
Old 09-09-2014, 11:06 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

No other pictures. I sold the car. Just take out the whole headlight assembly, and cut, drill away everything possible. You'll figure it out. When your all done you might have to put in a "stop" under the front of the cover, so it doesn't get pushed down in the wind. That might sound confusing, but you'll see what I mean when your done.

Steve
Old 09-10-2014, 08:33 AM
lefrog
Racer

Originally Posted by mountainbiker2
No other pictures. I sold the car. Just take out the whole headlight assembly, and cut, drill away everything possible. You'll figure it out. When your all done you might have to put in a "stop" under the front of the cover, so it doesn't get pushed down in the wind. That might sound confusing, but you'll see what I mean when your done.
I get what you say Steve. I will put a small bracket in front to prevent the cover from dipping in.

Thanks again
Manu

Get notified of new replies

To Headlight delete

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Headlight delete