Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radiator support / skid plate

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 10:53 PM
lefrog
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Radiator support / skid plate

Following my off at the last hillclimb, the radiator support is junk as you can see below:

I am planning on removing the AC (so the condenser will go) and replacing the radiator that is bent for something with an engine oil cooler. (Note that the car is a dedicated race car).

Now the question is should I just put a new stock radiator support or is there something better out there? Any radiators requiring a different support?
Also while I am at it, any other upgrade I should think of for air intake, air dam, etc...? Note that I have to repair or replace the front bumper too, so any mod is doable at this point.

Last edited by lefrog; 09-08-2014 at 11:12 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:18 PM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by lefrog
Following my off at the last hillclimb, the radiator support is junk as you can see below:

I am planning on removing the AC (so the condenser will go) and replacing the radiator that is bent for something with an engine oil cooler. (Note that the car is a dedicated race car).

Now the question is should I just put a new stock radiator support or is there something better out there? Any radiators requiring a different support?
Also while I am at it, any other upgrade I should think of for air intake, air dam, etc...? Note that I have to repair or replace the front bumper too, so any mod is doable at this point.
check out people who have tilted the radiator forward at the top and moved the bottom back. venting the air flow up and out the hood.
there have been a few threads on this. it allows better cooling, less lift and moves the radiator into a better protected position

Quick Reply: Radiator support / skid plate