Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Thanks to DRM for Excellent Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 08:58 AM
C66 Racing
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Big Thanks to DRM for Excellent Customer Service

Though a little belated, wanted to pass a big thanks to the team at Doug Rippie Motorsports for their excellent help in getting a new Ron Davis radiator shipped to me at Summit Point Raceway last month, allowing me to make the start of a NASA event and clinch the ST2 class in the NASA Mid-Atlantic Region for 2014 (which says more for persistence and low class participation than my speed).

Bad prep on my part, mostly given my lack of time; we didn't touch the car after our last event at VIR until a few days before heading to Summit. When we jacked the car up from the side, about a gallon of coolant ran off the very large Blackdog splitter I have on the car this year. After pulling the radiator, we found a very small hole about three rows from the bottom of the radiator. This radiator was originally purchased 10 years ago from DRM as it was the only radiator part allowed (other than OE) in SCCA T1. Having bonked the nose of the car into a tire wall at Summit and a guard rail at Watkins within the last three years - overall extremely pleased to have gotten as much life as I did out of it.

So we called DRM, special ordered one overnight and had UPS confirmation of Friday delivery in time to support heading to Summit Point. UPS changed status to Monday (after the race weekend) sometime late Friday afternoon. Called DRM and they coordinated with Ron Davis (who was also great) and got a 2nd one shipped directly to my hotel at the track with a planned Saturday morning delivery. UPS again changed the status to Monday. With some herculean intervention with UPS, DRM got the radiator delivered to the hotel about 11am and we got it installed in the car and the splitter back in just in time to support starting Saturday's race, getting a finish which I needed to help keep my license current, and scored some points.

Thanks DRM!

P.S. The things we do to support our track habit...

C66 Racing #66 NASA ST2, SCCA T2
AMSOIL Dealer (Forum Vendor)
AMSOIL Ordering Information (Retail sales using reference #1206638 benefit the forum.)
AMSOIL Preferred Customer Program (Members buy at Wholesale - a savings of about 25%)
AMSOIL Catalog

Old 09-13-2014, 11:58 AM
crimlwC6
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

Wow. That's some serious costumer service!
Old 09-14-2014, 06:32 AM
C5 Hardtop
Race Director

Received 272 Likes on 163 Posts

Nice!

DRM builds strong motors too.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:06 PM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh they are the BEST at customer service! Randy is so great, I will always shop there. Thanks for spreading the word, they deserve it!!
Old 09-18-2014, 10:04 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

As people that know me well tell you. Saturday 7:00am, I'm not that much fun to deal with. The UPS guy on the phone Saturday AM got the point and made it happen

Thanks and let me know the next time you make it to VIR.

Randy
BTW Have Raymond give me a call when the engine is out.

Last edited by Randy@DRM; 09-19-2014 at 12:05 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Big Thanks to DRM for Excellent Customer Service

Quick Reply: Big Thanks to DRM for Excellent Customer Service