Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gopro

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 07:19 AM
spro2395
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Gopro

Hi all,
I have a Gopro camera (white ) I think it has wifi that I can control with an app on my phone. Is there a way that I can watch the videos that I have taken autocrossing ? I have a cable so that I can play them right on my tv but it would be nice to be able to watch on my phone.
Any help would be appreciated
Old 09-15-2014, 09:14 AM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,022 Likes on 1,312 Posts

I've never tried it, but I think it's doable.

Normally, we'll watch the video in the trailer on a laptop, when we're at the track. I also have GoPro's LCD back for the camera (about $80), which works very well, for quickly reviewing a video.

Do you have the GoPro app on your phone? If not, get it. Immediately upon opening the app, it will start "Searching for a Wi-Fi GoPro". The app allows you to create an album of your GoPro videos, too. There's also a complete manual available for the GoPro, on line at their website. I printed it out, and put it in a 3 ring binder. I can't look at it right now (it's in a plastic tub, with my racetrack gear), but if I get a chance later, I'll dig it out.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:22 AM
spro2395
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gbvette62
I've never tried it, but I think it's doable.

Normally, we'll watch the video in the trailer on a laptop, when we're at the track. I also have GoPro's LCD back for the camera (about $80), which works very well, for quickly reviewing a video.

Do you have the GoPro app on your phone? If not, get it. Immediately upon opening the app, it will start "Searching for a Wi-Fi GoPro". The app allows you to create an album of your GoPro videos, too. There's also a complete manual available for the GoPro, on line at their website. I printed it out, and put it in a 3 ring binder. I can't look at it right now (it's in a plastic tub, with my racetrack gear), but if I get a chance later, I'll dig it out.
I do have the app and I use it to start and stop the camera which is great. I was on the gopro website and saw something about an update I'll try that and see what happens when I get home. I have been downloading them to my wife's laptop.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:31 AM
Iconic
Miller Time Wisconsin 🍺

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,440 Likes on 940 Posts
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2018 C7 of Year Winner
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

I have the white gopro and the app on my smartphone, and yes you can watch your vids on your phone. The app truly is a must have, as the amount of control and settings is amazing. You need to have your wifi settings on both the phone and the gopro turned ON to control the camera as well as view your videos.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:32 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

I have the LCD back & 3 different doors for sale on Amazon if you need one.

Amazon.com : GoPro LCD Touch BacPac by GoPro : Go Pro : Camera & Photo Amazon.com : GoPro LCD Touch BacPac by GoPro : Go Pro : Camera & Photo

If I sell it "direct" it's 10% off Amazon pricing.

Get notified of new replies

To Gopro

Quick Reply: Gopro