Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NCRC Buttonwillow 27-28 Sep?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 07:39 PM
Nowanker
Melting Slicks
Pro Mechanic

Received 736 Likes on 546 Posts

Default NCRC Buttonwillow 27-28 Sep?

Signed up for the NCRC event Sat 27 (stock-ish C5). Anyone else planning to attend? First time with the Corvette, normally in an M3 race car. Curious how it'll behave!
Old 09-15-2014, 09:09 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Ah, NCRC. Dave and Luc are awesome! Do you race the M3 in Norcal? I have a bunch of friends who race GTS3 and GTS4 with NASA. I have raced a C5 vette and an E36 bmw and in race form they perform very similarly. The vette has more power and more weight and feels somewhat softer, but is faster overall. The E36 feels more like a go kart. You will like the C5, but it will need some modifications to be truly track ready. Basically, coming from a fully race prepped M3, I imagine the stock C5 will feel like a street car, ie. relatively heavy, soft, and mushy. Beware the stock brakes/pads will not be up for track use. But with some simple mods, the C5 will be a track weapon that no car can match dollar for dollar.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:27 PM
Nowanker
Melting Slicks
Pro Mechanic

I ran some NASA and some BMWCCA races, GTS3 or IP. The M3's been crashed for about a year now (Laguna, turn 11), but ready for the body shop soon. Already made some brake upgrades to the C5... I think Buttonwillow will be a suitable outing.
Cheers!
Old 09-15-2014, 10:25 PM
hungryhippo
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

I plan to be there both days if i get my car back together in time. Have a base C6 street car.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:09 AM
smellya
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I will be out there both days. I will be out there in my blue bucket. I also rented garage space. #2 hope to have fun and see you all out there. I will be putting my break in miles on my new clutch and tranny.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:33 PM
Nowanker
Melting Slicks
Pro Mechanic

Originally Posted by smellya
I will be out there both days. I will be out there in my blue bucket. I also rented garage space. #2 hope to have fun and see you all out there. I will be putting my break in miles on my new clutch and tranny.
I'll stop in and say hi... Steve/blue C5 #92. Anyone else coming?

Get notified of new replies

To NCRC Buttonwillow 27-28 Sep?

Quick Reply: NCRC Buttonwillow 27-28 Sep?