Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7's in auto-x

Old 09-21-2014, 09:02 PM
808EB03Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default C7's in auto-x

I am looking into selling my H/C C5Z and the c7 Z51 is one of the cars I am considering. Has anyone run one of these in an auto-x yet? Other than some twists in the mountains, that is the only kind of racing I have out here, and if it something that would be as much fun, then I think it may go by the wayside. Thanks.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:35 PM
ltborg
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know of anyone who's done it, but I'd sure want to try. That electronic diff could make it pretty awesome.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:08 PM
Magister Ludi
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

I auto X mine at least once a month. Last week a Viper club showed up with 10 cars. I beat every one of them. OEM tires. I was not the fastest car out there, but definitely competitive.

Go for it. You will have a blast.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:37 AM
0HoosierPE
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Good morning, our Lead Design Engineer here at the shop went down to Grissom Airforce Base for a Corvette Club autocross and there was one of these with the MR suspension in it and it was amazing ride he said. Very well planted and very enjoyable.

GO FOR IT!!
Old 09-22-2014, 09:02 PM
808EB03Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Magister Ludi
I auto X mine at least once a month. Last week a Viper club showed up with 10 cars. I beat every one of them. OEM tires. I was not the fastest car out there, but definitely competitive.

Go for it. You will have a blast.
Iam fairly new as this is my first full season so I don't expect to be fastest. What class where you running out of curiosity? Also, how long of a course where you on? Most of ours are pretty tight and quick (45ish seconds) on average.

Originally Posted by HPE-DTE
Good morning, our Lead Design Engineer here at the shop went down to Grissom Airforce Base for a Corvette Club autocross and there was one of these with the MR suspension in it and it was amazing ride he said. Very well planted and very enjoyable.

GO FOR IT!!
Thanks for the reply. I am guessing this was a long course being on a military base?

For both of you, which model did you have as well? I could by a 3LT Z51, but I would rather not pay in the mid 70's if I don't have too. Thanks.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:52 PM
edge04
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

haven't drove one but rode in one with an excellent driver and it was a blast. they are great cars. Curious how the warranty works if it breaks down on the track?
Old 09-23-2014, 11:50 AM
Magister Ludi
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 808EB03Z06
Iam fairly new as this is my first full season so I don't expect to be fastest. What class where you running out of curiosity? Also, how long of a course where you on? Most of ours are pretty tight and quick (45ish seconds) on average.

For both of you, which model did you have as well? I could by a 3LT Z51, but I would rather not pay in the mid 70's if I don't have too. Thanks.
Mine is a 2014 Z51, bone stock. Courses vary in length & configuration, but times run anywhere from high 30's to low 50's. All are great fun. SCCA classification would be Super Stock.

Get notified of new replies

To C7's in auto-x

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C7's in auto-x