Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Danny

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 02:10 PM
PMBoxcar46
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Danny

Danny here is a picture of my VIN# For Box Car #32

Last edited by PMBoxcar46; 09-25-2014 at 02:13 PM. Reason: add pic
Old 09-25-2014, 11:51 PM
icsparks
Cruising

boxcar ,where did you locate the serial # ?
Old 09-26-2014, 10:16 AM
PMBoxcar46
Instructor

Default Boxcar

Originally Posted by icsparks
boxcar ,where did you locate the serial # ?
Right frame rail 6 inches from the front. On the inside upper portion. Pratt&Miller did a good job of covering it up.Do you have one?
Old 09-27-2014, 11:21 PM
6SPEEDZ
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool car I would like to see more pictures of it. I saw a few of that car when it was for sale a while ago. I work at Pratt & Miller and there is very little documentation on the world challenge builds.
Old 09-28-2014, 02:13 PM
PMBoxcar46
Instructor

Originally Posted by 6SPEEDZ
Cool car I would like to see more pictures of it. I saw a few of that car when it was for sale a while ago. I work at Pratt & Miller and there is very little documentation on the world challenge builds.
I will post more pics for you. This car is AWESOME! !! One of a kind,Pratt&Miller did a Hell of a job building this piece of Covette history nothing was spared in this build of all the ones that I have seen this one is by far the nicest. Thank you for your intrest. Were you at COTA?
Old 09-28-2014, 06:02 PM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I saw that car here in SF several years back. If I remember correctly the name on the window was DePippo or something like that. Never seen it on track however. Very early world challenge type build and well done.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:30 PM
PMBoxcar46
Instructor

Originally Posted by trackboss
I saw that car here in SF several years back. If I remember correctly the name on the window was DePippo or something like that. Never seen it on track however. Very early world challenge type build and well done.
Rob Rodriguez
Old 09-28-2014, 07:33 PM
PMBoxcar46
Instructor

Originally Posted by PMBoxcar46
Rob Rodriguez
Late build this is one of the last 12 Specials.I will post more pics soon this car is Special and defiantly one of a kind. Thanks for the interest guys.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:50 PM
6SPEEDZ
Instructor

No I was not at COTA. I would have liked to have gone. I'm on the Cadillac team. But a friend of mine has a box car not from Pratt & Miller though. It wasn't a very good build. I am going thru it right now making things better it has some of our stuff on it.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:53 PM
yooper
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

in for pictures.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:59 PM
icsparks
Cruising

Right frame rail 6 inches from the front. On the inside upper portion. Pratt&Miller did a good job of covering it up.Do you have one?
Yes I do it's #007. I have all the paper work for the car from GM and the original owner,but I have not located the stamped serial #
Old 09-28-2014, 09:46 PM
PMBoxcar46
Instructor

Yes I do it's #007. I have all the paper work for the car from GM and the original owner,but I have not located the stamped serial #
Congratulations.....you will have take the radiator out to find it. Here's a good one for you... after removing the entire front clip we looked and saw NOTHING! Almost lost it.... Even looked on the LEFT side (not supposed to be on that side) Pratt&Miller did such a good job the paint entirely obscured the vin by the time we located it my eyes hurt. I finally located a portion of it.And started sanding very very faint. This# is hand stamped in the frame. Will take a picture of what you can see after we reassemble the car.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:18 PM
icsparks
Cruising

Congratulations.....you will have take the radiator out to find it. Here's a good one for you... after removing the entire front clip we looked and saw NOTHING! Almost lost it.... Even looked on the LEFT side (not supposed to be on that side) Pratt&Miller did such a good job the paint entirely obscured the vin by the time we located it my eyes hurt. I finally located a portion of it.And started sanding very very faint. This# is hand stamped in the frame. Will take a picture of what you can see after we reassemble the car.
thanks for the info . I will look for it this winter when we do a tear down.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:26 PM
PMBoxcar46
Instructor

thanks for the info . I will look for it this winter when we do a tear down.
If I can help you in any way let me know. I will post a pic of the tail end of the vin# that is still viable after we put it ALL back together. On this car the last 6 are still visible.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:33 PM
PMBoxcar46
Instructor

Originally Posted by 6SPEEDZ
No I was not at COTA. I would have liked to have gone. I'm on the Cadillac team. But a friend of mine has a box car not from Pratt & Miller though. It wasn't a very good build. I am going thru it right now making things better it has some of our stuff on it.
Congrats on your WEC Championship!!!! My brother and I want one of your Cadillacs next. I might need some of your help in the near future.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:14 PM
6SPEEDZ
Instructor

Congrats on your WEC Championship!!!! My brother and I want one of your Cadillacs next. I might need some of your help in the near future.
Thanks. From what I have been told we are keeping the current cars for a while. But I think the old 4 door cars may be avaiiable. Also I know that the Remington cars that McCaan was running were for sale a few years ago. I don't know if they ever sold them. Let me know if you need any help.

Get notified of new replies

To Danny

Quick Reply: Danny