Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Think this rotor will survive two days at Daytona?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 03:44 PM
davidk72008
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Parsonsj, if you decide not to use the rotors for sure would you mind shipping 2 of them to me? I have a little project I'm looking to do, but I need some old worn out rotors to do it. I was hoping I could find some old carbon ceramics, but they are hard to come by. I'm basically making a custom wall clock for my best man's gift for being in my wedding. If you can do that, just let me know and I can send you money for shipping.
Old 10-05-2014, 12:05 PM
kmagvette
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
...I had a C5 rear rotor crack all the way through both faces in two places while on track. It was distinctly on the edge of coming apart by the time I got back to the garage.
Bill
I seem to recall one of your C6 fronts that had a "small" crack in it too...the one that almost made it to the flange face
Old 10-05-2014, 12:12 PM
parsonsj
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The new rings were fabulous, and I had a fantastic time Friday/Saturday at Daytona. The Brembos were flawless all weekend (5x30 minutes Friday, 4x30 minutes Saturday) with awesome torque, and never a hint of fade.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:31 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,919 Likes on 5,328 Posts

Originally Posted by kmagvette
I seem to recall one of your C6 fronts that had a "small" crack in it too...the one that almost made it to the flange face
Yeah, that one did have a large hole in it. Looked like somebody cut a wedge out of it.

Bill

Quick Reply: Think this rotor will survive two days at Daytona?