Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbeau A4 - Can you mod seat/rails to reach further forward ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 05:04 PM
Legacy Z06
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corbeau A4 - Can you mod seat/rails to reach further forward ?

I have a C5Z which I track, the seat is way too big for my build and by days end I have bruising on my knees from bracing against the door and this is getting old quickly. Local buddy with same car is selling his A4. Problem is, I'm 5'6 and when I sat in the seat I can barely (as in tippy toes) reach the pedals with the seat all the way forwards, not going to work.

I've read this is an issue with shorter drivers as the A4 doesn't sit as far forward as OEM. Is there a SAFE way to somehow allow the seat to travel further forward by a few inches ? I'd be fine loosing some rear-ward travel as I'm the only one who drives the car. Don't want a fixed base if I can help it.

And if this isn't possible , what other seat options are there which are affordable ? Aka don't want to spend a penny more than $1k. Should also add, this is a street car so I must be able to use the factory seatbelts while on the street.
Old 10-05-2014, 12:13 AM
troyguitar
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can mount a seat as far forward as you like, it just might require some modification or fabrication work on your mounting system. Seat rails/brackets are really simple things. Just use your head and use good hardware and you will be safe.

I would look at the Sparco R100 for a cheap street seat that should fit in a C5 and offer good lateral support. I've seen them for as low as $315 shipped brand new on ebay. Since you're short you probably won't have a headroom issue, so you should be able to mount a new seat on your stock power seat rails if you want to keep costs as low as possible.

Quick Reply: Corbeau A4 - Can you mod seat/rails to reach further forward ?