Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lg motorsports aluminum coil overs

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 08:43 PM
orange 07
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lg motorsports aluminum coil overs

looking for some one to rebuild a lg motorsports coil over shock the shaft broke at the upper eyelet . so needs a shaft for sure . thanks
Old 10-10-2014, 12:57 PM
morris
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Why not just send it to LG to rebuild or ask them to just swap it out and give you credit for the broken one. Hell a broken eyelet they may even cover that as a warranty issue, I don't know.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:08 PM
orange 07
6th Gear

Originally Posted by morris
Why not just send it to LG to rebuild or ask them to just swap it out and give you credit for the broken one. Hell a broken eyelet they may even cover that as a warranty issue, I don't know.
they only will sell me a complete new shock with spring . everything on mine is ok with the exception of the shaft breaking . It threads into the top eyelet and is hollow at that point to allow for the dampening adjustment
Old 10-10-2014, 04:12 PM
0Bobby @ LG Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by morris
He purchased a wrecked car.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:14 PM
orange 07
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Bobby @ LG Motorsports
He purchased a wrecked car.
just to be clear when I called LG I was up front about buying a wrecked car. I didn't try to get them to warranty the shock or any thing like that I just inquired about rebuilding it . Bobby stated the only thing they would do is sell me a complete shock . since my spring and shock body is good I would rather put a shaft in it and spend the difference on other things . I'm not bad mouthing them or anything like that
Old 10-11-2014, 02:43 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

I would assume they can't sell you just a piece because the coilover isn't manufactured in-house...it's outsourced...so there isn't a "rebuild" process in place on those. Are these the chinese LG's I assume?
Old 10-13-2014, 03:04 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

We have parts and pieces....

Yes you can purchase just the shock without the springs/mounts/pieces if you want to.

If you want to send it in to my attention I can take a look to see if it could be fixed or if it needs a new shock. As long as the threads are fine you should be able to use the rest of your parts and spring.

Get notified of new replies

To lg motorsports aluminum coil overs

Quick Reply: lg motorsports aluminum coil overs